Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Unusual shipping time?

Hey everyone.

I have purchased a laser from Deal Extreme. This one if you want to see it.

$28.80 - 200mW 532nm Green Laser Pen (2*AAA) - Green Lasers

The reason I am making this thread is because it's taking insanely long to arrive.

I purchased this laser on 4/15/2011 and it was shipped four days later on 4/19/2011. It then arrived in canada on 4/26/2011 and now it has been at customs since.

I just wanted to know from any one who lives in Canada if when you ordered your laser. Did it take this long to get passed customs ( 7 days) ?

Last edited:

I've had items held by Canadian customs from between 2 weeks and
6 months... They work at their pace and you can't get updates from
them at all until they clear the package or confiscate it...

Jerry

oh damn dude 6 months? that sucks man. I hope i get it soon im going crazy waiting for it now :/

2-3weeks is the average for packagesi get from dx when it get checked at missisauga customs.

Last edited:
I live in the U.S. and my last order took just over two weeks.
The order before that took six weeks.

My friend in canada got his package from DX in 2 and a half weeks.

oh okay thanks :p cant believe i have to wait another week atleast for my laser to get through customs :/

My laser is in customs for 3 weeks now (i guess) and it's begin to be very long but i don't understand why because my tracking tell me the inverse ...

2011/09/29 09:55 VANCOUVER
International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post

04:08 VANCOUVER
International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

2011/09/24 21:01
International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

15:00
International item mailed in origin country

Really Annoying! :)

TuhOz

My laser is in customs for 3 weeks now (i guess) and it's begin to be very long but i don't understand why because my tracking tell me the inverse ...

2011/09/29 09:55 VANCOUVER
International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post

04:08 VANCOUVER
International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

2011/09/24 21:01
International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

15:00
International item mailed in origin country

Really Annoying! :)

That's nice.
Why did you bump 5 months old thread?

Because if i have made another one you will tell me that they already have threads like this :p

Last edited:
"2011/09/29 09:55 VANCOUVER
International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post "

The package was cleared by Canada Customs September 29th in Vancouver (where the airplane from China arrived.)
The delay is entirely Canada Post it would seem.
Perhaps an inquiry with a local branch or online might get some info or results.

That what i guess but its not normal at all :)

I have call two time Canada Post : the first time a girl tell me that she think it is always in customs, but the second tell me it could be in one of their warehouse ... So they don't know more than us :wtf:

Thanks for support :)

Well it was a long shot.
Canada post is always a problem.
They used to think that they were safe as the only game in the country. But every few years they are forced to cut costs (services, employees, etc.) to report to the government. And then the unions go bezerk and shoot themselves in the foot while diminishing the service even more...
I can use the online postal code look-up (which for me as a shipper is a part of my job) and get multiple radically different responses for the same address depending on the time of day, day of week or who knows.
Try using any of the "contact" methods offered and feel ignored on a whole new level.
I recently had a "survey" pop-up along with one of my searches. I went through it all and said nothing positive making sure to leave contact info and requests that they get back to me too. Nothing.

But the law of averages states that if you try enough times you will eventually get what you want one of those times.

Yeah they are not really good :( the only one i have use without problem is ups :wave: , because its always really fast and without problem :)