Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Uniphase 0980-B (OEM ver.)

Finally got a power supply for this lil sucker. This is a NEW tube not a used one, and runs on 1000VDC and uses 3.7mA for current. It came with its own OEM mount, as it is for use in a barcode scanner. This makes it perfect for a lamp, as the housing increases the divergence for use in the scanner, making it diffuse quickly, leaving it eye safe rapidly, and makes assembly and protection of the circuit easy. by spec it is supposed to run at 1mW+ but I don't have an LPM at present, so I'm not sure what its output is. seems in order of about 1.5-2mW. It's the same length as its MG-P122 cousin, but has a lower power use, so I'm guessing the main difference is the mirror quality, and the bore is probably smaller.

Pics!
In the mount:
IMG_0836_zps52e32d0b.jpg

IMG_0834_zpsa5b2db9e.jpg

Bare tube:
IMG_0838_zpsd714d625.jpg

With its somewhat more powerful Melles Griot P-122 cousin:
IMG_0841_zpscd7b903b.jpg

Last edited:

IsaacT

If it is the mount that is causing the ugly divergence maybe you could remove the optics from just the mount? Just a thought.

Sadly you can't, and I don't really mind. Though the bad divergence is mostly the mount, out the mirror it's much better

Last edited: