Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ultrafire-dead ALREADY?

Arrrrrrrgh!

After some reading-I noticed that Ultrafire Batteries have a BAD rep.
I have two that I got with a "Gattling Laser" within the last month. One is officially DEAD already.
I'm glad I followed advice on the forum about battery chargers-I have a Nitecore D4. I was able to recharge it- 2X.
Today?
It read ERROR. I have Efest on order!

BobMc

Arrrrrrrgh!

I have two that I got with a "Gattling Laser" within the last month. One is officially DEAD already.
I'm glad I followed advice on the forum about battery chargers-I have a Nitecore D4. I was able to recharge it- 2X.
Today?
It read ERROR. I have Efest on order!

Can’t go wrong with Efest.
There’s a few good place to purchase non-counterfeit batteries.

I use https://www.imrbatteries.com/

Here’s another one you can check out.

https://www.batteryjunction.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImvW49Jqj3AIV2rXACh0NMAxQEAAYASAAEgJGjfD_BwE

Hi,
Yes Efest and AW are awesome batteries you get what you pay for. Dont be cheesy when buying batteries and chargers.

Rich:)

I use www.liionwholesale.com. They only sell brand new manufacturer batteries and have some of the best prices for really outstanding batteries. They test all batteries before they ship and I test all mine when they arrive. So far, a great company.

Thanks BobMc, Paul, Lifetime , and Bowtie Guy.

Aaaaah! I had already bought "Tangsfire IMR" I just put them in the charger.... meanwhile I'll wait for the Efest to arrive in 3 days.
Paul- I checked Lionwholesale-and they were out of stock.
Thanks!
Eric
Update: 1 Tangsfire "950mAH 18350 fully charged after 40 min on my Nitecore D4 (750mA.H The second? 1 hr 40 minutes-still charging.

Last edited:
Yeah, they sell out quick on many batteries. The only way to get a good deal is to check their site often. It is well worth the effort.

Benm

Did you buy them from ebay by any chance?

While ultrafire isn't really a premium brand in my opinion, the produced cells good enough for others to fake their brand name. There are loads of 'ultrafire' branded cells out there that are totally different from the original product, sometimes even to ridiculous degrees: 18650 sized tubes filled with sand to give it some mass and a -tiny- cell soldered between the terminals.

There are differences between real brand name cells, but they are by no means as big as between real ones as a whole group and complete fakes.

Getting a reliable vendor is key here, on ebay there are so many fakes that i wouldn't order there unless confirmed good by multiple people, and even then some vendors do an exit scam selling fakes until bad feedback kills their accounts off.

Usually a real, but modestly specced, battery will give you more value for money - it's better to get a modest 2500 mAh -real- LG cell than some hyped up 3300 mAh piece of imitation sanyo.

Reactions: GSS