Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UK Meet proposal

T

timelord

things said:
hmmm it would be nice if i could watch wat you guys are doing, especially mixing the lasers?
Just get skype from www.skype.com then plug your headset in and webcam and your away. All you'll need is Tallaxo's contact.

Things

ok i'm downloading skype! hmmm what is your contact jase? if i can? i'd love to watch you guys! is it like a movie, or is it like pics updating everynow and then?

T

timelord

Skype is basically free calls and video calls from skype to skype. All you need is the program ;)

S

SenKat

things said:
hmmm it would be nice if i could watch wat you guys are doing, especially mixing the lasers?

MIXING the lasers ? Damn - I hope it won't be like that Chuck Norris Blender thing....that would be horrible to have to watch all those gorgeous lasers being blended up like that ! ;D ;D ;D

Update on the skype thing. Although I can host a conference call with voice only for as many that want to join, Skype will presently only allow for 1 video link at a time. Video is fullscreen and in real time, so we will be able to see and chat to each other. Timelord is gonna bring down his laptop and webcam , so we can get up to 2 video links going at the same time (yay).

In effect, we can get all of you in, with voice only, but only 2 at a time with video , so if you want to join the fun, you will need to download Skype and get a webcam for video, or a mic / headphone setup for voice chat.

As well as making a white laser beam, Timelord has come up with another request, he wants to make a PINK beam (I have absolutely no Idea why he wants to do that) ;D ;D But we have the lasers and the dichro's to achieve it.

By my reckoning we should have about 2.5W of visible lasers to play about with (combined) so expect some very pink Photos and videos.

If anyone else can make it down to the meet , please PM me asap. Those that cannot, have a play with Skype and PM me your contact name if you want to have a peep.

Jase

S

SenKat

I will be joining via audio, and waiting breatlessly for the pics to be posted ! :)

Gazoo

Timelord said:
[quote author=Merl link=1187215656/30#39 date=1190481865]Well I can bring a laptop too so we could have 3 Webcams (;
Now that sounds like a plan ;)[/quote]

Why don't you use skype for the audio, and host the video on a server? It has been awhile since I have done it but it can be done with windows media encoder which is free. Now here is the kicker...no matter how you do it you will need a pretty good upload speed depending on how many watch.

The best option would be to get video hosting somewhere for one day and have everyone chip in for it.

I have checked a few out already and generally eith not good results due to the poor ul speeds in the UK... I will try and get one up and running when we are a Tallaxo's to see if we can get any decent performance.

Things

nice!! i have my skype thing setup!(thanks jase for helping me!) hmmmm but now i have to work out the timezones so i know when to be on :-? :-? :-? ?

Bumping this .

The day of the start of the meet is here ;D ;D Once we get all set up, Ill post on how to join in (Skype or whatever) so if you have a webcam or headset and want to join in, stay posted.

Jase