Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UK Meet proposal

Basically myself and Tallaxo were talking on irc and decided to see if we could arrange a UK meet for all us laser buffs.

Idea is to meet around the Gloucester area as its a central location for all of the ppl who we could think of at the time to get there as we have the M4 and the M5 and that joins the M6.  

Idea is so far possibly for a Saturday & Sunday meet and to find a nice B&B somewhere. that way we can all go out for a drink and have a nice meal and also show off our laser's in the dark (safely offc)... if you cant do both days then no worries as you can always come for a day visit, most the fun will be on the Saturday though (;

tallaxo is looking into B&B's in the area as he lives there and we can see about pick ups from the station, an Idea of suitable dates would be handy I am thinking the end of September beginning of October as its august now, that and i am away in September....

So please post your interest and any dates you cant do. Thinking the first weekend in october more as ppl will be paid by then.

People attending:

Merl
Tallaxo
Marianne
Becky
Timelord (hopefully)

Laq

Sounds like a very nice idea,

Too bad i don't live in UK,. so i have to make a vacation out of it. about 1,5 hours flying and transport would do,. however my budget is too low to spend another few hundreds for a flying ticket for a meeting.

Nice to meet all you guys on LPF forums.. however meetings IRL are difficult for anyone not living in UK. (if you have moderate salary ofc :) )

Hope many will come to the meeting, you can be sure i'll try to be there if my funds allow me to !

Laq your more than welcome if you can get the funds.

Hmm your in NL arnt you? I am over there on the 8th to the 16th visiting my gf....

Ok shamless bumping here but more importantly to let you know that we now should have atleast 4 of us going \o/

Myself
Tallaxo
Marianne
Becky

The date looks more & more like being either the last weekend in September or 1st in October

T

timelord

providing I'm not abroad then I will be interested in coming to meet you guys :)

\o/ your alive, we were all wondering where you had gotten too.

Well cant blame you if you go abroad but i mean meeting us lot could be soooo much fun ;)

All those lasers in one place :cool:

K

kingzilla

Damn this sucks that I can't come. :'( Someone buy me a plane ticket! ;) ;D

Hey Sawt would be cool if you could come, if I win the big lottery then I would pay for alot of you to come over (; but until then sorry I cant help ):

It will be very nice if we can pull this off. B&B prices are very reasonable at this time of year. The town I live in is called Dursley. It is a small market town on the edge of the cotswold hills, great food and drink and even a nightclub open until 5am for those that like to party.

Best of all is the views. There is a great viewpoint where you can see the black mountains in wales , over 60 miles away, or down south over the Severn estuary, towards Bristol (perfect for lasers outdoors)

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/449482

Jase

T

timelord

Dursley is not that far for me as I'm in Exmouth so if I'm not on holiday I'll be joining you all ;) :cool:

Awww you think they might of advertised it on here or something........ didnt even see anything on Bluesky's website.......

Oh well maybe next time.

So Andy want to come to our little meet?

Andy I kinda gathered from the cool pics.

Well its generally from anyone off here who wants to meet so it will generally be for pointers, but Tallaxo has his scanner and if Rog comes he is gonna bring his home made ones.

Its more a social thing really based from tallaxo's house and the local surroundings.

More details are in this thread: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1187904091

T

timelord

I'm bumping this thread up as the 29th is getting nearer and all that are attending should be clear on what we are doing.
Jason are we still able to stay at your house over night?? Just need to know as I know we'll all be having a drink etc so driving for some will be out of the question. I'm gonna be booking a train for Dursley very soon once we've confirmed what's happening..

This will be a real blast all of us laser nuts in one place armed with lasers/cameras/BOOZE/video equipment & other laser related stuff :D

S

SenKat

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I CANNOT GO ! :( Maybe next time :p Hell, I figured being jobless right now would give me PLENTY of spare time to attend :p hehehehe

Greg