Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tutorial: Blu-ray Laser / Flashlight Combo! - SCHWEET!

jayrob,
This thing is absolutely awesome when it comes to practical uses. I would love to buy one, I need one for work and this is perfect. the problem is that I know nothing about building lasers. I went through your tutorials, the "ez" ones read like gibberish to me. I'm willing to pay for anyone to build this thing for me, parts, labor, and all...
Question: How bright is the flashlight end and can you get it to focus? would prefer something 200+ lumens or brightest possible, and what is the output of the blu-ray laser?
Thanks

jayrob

I would guess 200 lumens or more. It is a Q5 emitter. Very bright...

I don't sell complete lasers, but you can ask if anybody is interested in building it for you. You would have to send them the host, and I could send the heatsink...

This one is different than most builds. It shares the same power source for the light, as well as the laser. The host is case positive. So it is kind of tricky.

All the details are shown in this tutorial. An experienced builder will understand it easily...

Since there is the light, as well as a laser that the batteries must supply, I chose a low current PHR set up. I think a 445 at maybe 400mA's would be good. I'll probably change mine out when I get around to it...

Edit: Changed it! 532mA's / 370mW's - 445 with AixiZ 405 glass... :D

Sending PM...

Last edited:
Re: Blu-ray Laser / Flashlight Combo! - SCHWEET!

I want you to build me another laser. I want dtr's 6w nubm44 diode in a 12mm module with a huge copper heat sink. I want to use a focusable host with a good driver that uses 2 18650 aw batteries. Do you have anything in mind that would well with this setup?

Re: Blu-ray Laser / Flashlight Combo! - SCHWEET!

Hi
I suggest a mag light build for the 44, with that an adapter can be made for the 18650,s or the 26650, and the 32560 batteries . I built many and the heat sink is huge to take care of the heat from the 44

Rich:)