Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Trying to create a He-Ne handheld laser

Ryan J

if you find a big old lyte pointer they work great for 6" HeNe hosts. stick a 2 lithium cells in with an voltex A-14-00 and you're good to go.
Amazing, thank you! I will see if Voltex has any available. However, that specific host might be a bit harder to obtain.

Last edited:

lasingfox

Amazing, thank you! I will see if Voltex has any available. However, that specific host might be a bit harder to obtain.
i gave one to a friend who was meaning to put a 6" orange HeNe into it but i don't think he's gotten around to it. i can ask if he still has it for you if you'd like.

I am surprised you have such a small yellow HeNe. I didn't know they came that small. What is the power for somthinkg tiney like that for a yellow, like 0.1-0.3mW?

Would definitely be cool to have a yellow laser pointer.... that is a HeNe too!

Ryan J

I am surprised you have such a small yellow HeNe. I didn't know they came that small. What is the power for somthinkg tiney like that for a yellow, like 0.1-0.3mW?

Yep, the little guy is putting out nearly 0.3mW!

Sowee7

There are also orange HeNes that are the same size