Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Truly waterproofing my c6 host.

Giannis_TDM

I really wanted my upcoming 505 build to build waterproof and a single 18650 so I got a c6 host and started testing. Firstly I tried only O rings 6 on the main body 3 on each side 1 on the driver pill 1 on the heatsink 1 on the top tube 1 on the top cover. There was no water in the battery compartment but there was some in the driver compartment(test was 1hr on 10m) so I Teflon everything up with 5-8 layers, Guess what? It worked!
IMG_20200603_140108.jpg
IMG_20200603_140152.jpg

For the driver, I am using a modified boost driver that came from an eBay 405nm pen after some modding and replacing the current sense resistor its rock-solid at 216mA. And also I really think that its cooler with the white Teflon accents

Snecho

Very cool! Well done.

Although, I must confess, I never understood the need for waterproof lasers. "Why would anyone dunk a precision optical instrument in water?", I would think.

Any reason you opted for the waterproofing?

Giannis_TDM

Very cool! Well done.

Although, I must confess, I never understood the need for waterproof lasers. "Why would anyone dunk a precision optical instrument in water?", I would think.

Any reason you opted for the waterproofing?
Yea, first of all, I wanted to make a build that will work no matter the conditions and that will not let water into it if let's say I am out in the while and fall into a river or something then also have you seen how pretty lasers can be underwater? I will definitely use it this summer while I am out in the sea. Also to add to the post I kept the O-rings together with the Teflon so it forms a way better seal I also waterproofed the back switch just forgot to mention it.

Snecho

Yea, first of all, I wanted to make a build that will work no matter the conditions and that will not let water into it if let's say I am out in the while and fall into a river or something then also have you seen how pretty lasers can be underwater? I will definitely use it this summer while I am out in the sea. Also to add to the post I kept the O-rings together with the Teflon so it forms a way better seal I also waterproofed the back switch just forgot to mention it.
Ah well that's understandable. Lasers in water are pretty awesome. That's why I use fog too :p

I can imagine how cool it'll look in the sea. Have you done a depth check to see how submersible it is? I would assume that would be pretty important if diving/Scuba diving in the ocean.

Giannis_TDM

Ah well that's understandable. Lasers in water are pretty awesome. That's why I use fog too :p

I can imagine how cool it'll look in the sea. Have you done a depth check to see how submersible it is? I would assume that would be pretty important if diving/Scuba diving in the ocean.
I haven't as I can't see me using it at a depth of more than 10m I don't have any short of scuba gear.