Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Too good to be true?

I was looking into outdoor laser projectors for this summer. Is thisOR="red"]this[/COLOR] too good to be true? And if it is, could anybody be kind enough to point me in the direction of a laser projector that has a green fan pattern that responds to music. Thanks!

Hmm. Laser wavelength: Red(650nm), Green(532nm), Blue(473nm) for $5..

seems-legit.jpg

I just sent in inquiry on two of them they had listed for $5. I bet they say we meant $500 or you need to buy 1,000,000 of them lol

That's kind of what I was afraid of so anybody have any suggestions for a decent projector around $50? Nothing too powerful or complicated, I don't have any experience with projectors. I've been eyeing this or this or this or this or this or this .

Things

Nothing laser is gonna come in a decent form at $50, especially a projector ;)

So what do those little ones do then? Just move dots everywhere? Could you see the beams with fog?

Amalan

yeah essentially, kind of like how a tv runs through lines of picture depending on interlaced or progressive. but most of those tiny pocket laser projectors use a MEMS mirror scanner to project an image though im not entirely sure of the specifics behind it, I believe it scatters the dot similarly to how a tv runs through lines of pixels. dont quote me on that though, thats just my assumption.

@mhemling33:
Did they ever send word back to you?

I sent an enqiery on this as well, If they ever get back to me I say heck, for 5 bucks you're getting 3 lasers and a project box at the least... If it really is $5

aixiz_laser ebay sells a R+G= Y&Blue led that does crude animations and some cones and beams etc- pretty boring after a while..
IIRC $99- has sound setting to go with the music and a ring of BLUE LEDs around the opening to add some blue- very small- runs off provided wallwart and also has a tripod to mount it on.

BTW what do you mean by 'outdoor'? not many PJ s are made for use when its raining..

I think you may need to do a bunch of reading up by your questions--

you can find 'bliss' lights for under 50$ RG and rotating diffraction gratings and again not too exciting.. GL

when you have 500$ to spend contact me

hak

edit-- you never filled out your profile page- until you do that do not contact me..

UPDATE edit- I looked around there and its all BS
I found RGB PJs for 1$
maybe they just want yr email addy to sell IDK-

they can put whatever they like and have NO obligation to sell you anything at those prices..

I also found the SAME projector there for $1050--
so theres that..

Last edited: