Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Too Damn Close

Yeah, I won't even look at the spot, even on some black brick, only the beam. Gotta see the beam at least once!
I don't have anything to use as a beam stop. Ill probably make one soon, it will help me see the beam better and be better for my eyes.

Another close one: I was aligning my blue laser, I usually run it just below threshold when aligning, so the output was an incoherent 10uW tops. I bended over to see the alignment and a glass window reflects a the beam straight to me. 10% of 10uW is still almost nothing, a normal light bulb is far brighter, but it reminded me how quick mistakes are made. Because of the low power I didn't have goggles on, but you can bet I now have them on when running even just slightly above 1mW.

Another close one: I was aligning my blue laser, I usually run it just below threshold when aligning, so the output was an incoherent 10uW tops. I bended over to see the alignment and a glass window reflects a the beam straight to me. 10% of 10uW is still almost nothing, a normal light bulb is far brighter, but it reminded me how quick mistakes are made. Because of the low power I didn't have goggles on, but you can bet I now have them on when running even just slightly above 1mW.

Glad it wasnt some higher power. Thats a little over :), but I guess it wont hurt you either.

xoul

Wow, close call. Glad you're ok. I can attest that you would have almost certainly had damage to your eyes if you weren't protected.

Remember guys...

Wrap it up... every time.

(your eyes)

;)

K

Krane

whenever you work in blue area of lasers of high intensity you HAVE to wear glasses, I am pre-dental and whenever we are doing fillings, you can NEVER look at the blue UV reflection with bare eyes, we always use shields, ANY reflection, even from a white wall is very harmful for your eyes, the only place u could not wear glasses is when you are outside, and if you shine in someones eyes who is 200meters away they will just be temporarily blined as if you flashed a camera in their face, normally after camera flash everything is black because all your sodium is used up, for the people who had blue shined in their eyes would most likely see everything yellow id assume since the blue rods would be sodium deficient for the next 40 seconds or so

Cel

whenever you work in blue area of lasers of high intensity you HAVE to wear glasses, I am pre-dental and whenever we are doing fillings, you can NEVER look at the blue UV reflection with bare eyes, we always use shields, ANY reflection, even from a white wall is very harmful for your eyes, the only place u could not wear glasses is when you are outside, and if you shine in someones eyes who is 200meters away they will just be temporarily blined as if you flashed a camera in their face, normally after camera flash everything is black because all your sodium is used up, for the people who had blue shined in their eyes would most likely see everything yellow id assume since the blue rods would be sodium deficient for the next 40 seconds or so

This is called necroposting...

Don't do this again unless you have a good reason to do so...

I noticed whenever Im not wearing my glasses (When my laser is held and stable with no danger of it moving). When I look at a white wall or something white I see part of it as yellow.

Unfortunatly yes please check the date before you post :(

What glasses are you wearing from laserer? Opticpro, T-REX or the Beginner one.
Only for inquisitiveness. :D

These ones: Beginner Safety Goggles for 532nm / 445nm Laser

K

Krane

I'm a necrophile, did you just discriminate against me? :tsk:

I noticed whenever Im not wearing my glasses (When my laser is held and stable with no danger of it moving). When I look at a white wall or something white I see part of it as yellow.

ha I was right, it's completely normal, though its a sign that its too bright, because other than blue light - some UV is also being reflected along with it, thing is when u look without moving ur eyes, on the lit up by laser wall, it will only be one spot thats yellow, if u move closer to the wall and have it all reflected in your face then all you gonna see after is yellow, for about a minute until sodium levels restore

since you have a red laser too you can experiment, do the same thing shine on the wall, look for ~10 seconds then turn it off, you will see a cyan spot, as cyan is opposite of red, just like in old 3D glasses

Last edited:
Where did you purchase your goggles?
I have one, but I might need goggles that are for my wavelength.

Yes, that is against the rules, and is not ok towards others.

Though it may be under the rules, the post he made had many interesting facts that I enjoyed reading. So in my opinion I feel this rule should have exceptions.

K

Krane

Though it may be under the rules, the post he made had many interesting facts that I enjoyed reading. So in my opinion I feel this rule should have exceptions.

thanks, and never-mind him he was on his period