Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tiny RGB

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
While I would buy one in a heartbeat @ $140 I'm not THAT naiive 🙃 For the work that went into that $1400 would be....not unreasonable for that kind of hand assembled and aligned workmanship. Huge kudos for what you've accomplished there!

Eidetical

I remember how expensive green laser pointers were when those first showed up. A few years from now similar things will be available, but for now Mr. Farbe2 is freakin' KING !!!

You did your own anodizing too?!? Truly awesome.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Unit price for the first 20 units with verified purchase, $950, from 02/23/2024 to 03/04/2024
Let's see how many people really care about owning a copy of this little gem.
And how do you propose he do that?

Darktron

With all respects and honor I'll leave my offer for one of this units in case you do decide to make a batch. 300-500$ range.
Great job btw!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Sorry, what are you meaning for?
I asked Farbe2 if I could afford to quote a price, he authorized me, as stated in the previous posts, and I did, then he told me that I had forgotten a "0" and I asked him, then I misunderstood, it was a good $1400, from there other members intervened, and he explained that just making the Tiny RGB cost him around $1000, so I took the liberty of formulating a completely different offer , but with a decidedly higher price than the previous one, but with very specific rules, that's all.
It is obvious that the last word belongs to Farbe2.
That’s not your right to do that. Farbe needs to set the price and conditions. Its his workmanship.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Sorry Curtis, but I replied to Unown(WILD),
So I don't understand your answer! I also wrote that the final decision is Farbe2's, I know that he is the creator of this small three-color laser. But if you read page 4, he himself accepts the price challenge with a smile on his face! I don't think I've done anything harmful to anyone, I would never do it.
Answer the question I asked you in the thread where I asked you about 3D printing.
You need to stop

farbe2

Just relax guys!

I just wanted to know what other unexperienced people come up with in therms of pricing.

Everybody in their right mind knows that I (the one that would need to build the actual thing) would be the one actually anouncing and charging a price, so i see no harm here.

julianthedragon

• Friday at 6:12 AM i published this :
    • Unit price for the first 20 units with verified purchase, $950, from 02/23/2024 to 03/04/2024
      Let's see how many people really care about owning a copy of this little gem.
  • Friday at 7:11 AM
  • Darktron reply to the one I wrote earlier :

With all respects and honor I'll leave my offer for one of this units in case you do decide to make a batch. 300-500$ range.
    Great job btw!

According to your last reply, you wanted to know what "inexperienced" people think about the prices of these little objects
In my individual case this is also the case!
But in the case of an experienced and long-time member like Darktron, do you also consider him "inexperienced"?

Then write: Everybody in their right mind knows that I [ So Darktron and I aren't sane of mind ? ]
(the one that would need to build the actual thing) would be the one actually announcing and charging a price,
So i see no harm here.
🥱 Give it a rest. Did you never get put in time-out as a kid, even though you thought you were right? Hint: you’re well past the point of anyone caring if you’re right or wrong, and well into the zone where it’s more about your pushy attitude and childish need to be the loudest in the room. If I were you I would eject and take the L on this one before the mods do it for you. And lose the bold/italics, I still read your messages at the same standard volume as everyone else’s in my head

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
As mods, Simon and I just cannot sit back and let this place descend into chaos. Even when our decisions are reversed because some jerk threatens to sue. "..." You are on thin ice. The spam has been cleaned up. Happy posting guys. No more thread derailment. Thank you.

Viruzzz

That is ridiculously cool.

I want one. Ain't no way I could justify spending the money it would cost though.

loreadarkshade

I am also developing an RGB unit, which will be more affordable in the $300 USD range. I expect it to be out in a couple months as I am extremely busy with other projects right now, but keep an eye out! :)