Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

tightly compact blu-ray optics?

im sorry but i just got a blu ray with a single-lensed aixiz housing and im not too satisfied with the output the beam spreads out all huge over long distances .. i want a nice compact tight razor sharp dot from far distances.. that would require two lenses in a housing would it not?

what type of housing am i looking at getting for a _real_ pointer style collimator not this winky dinky basketball sized dot at 100yards stuff...

daguin

kinesis said:
im sorry but i just got a blu ray with a single-lensed aixiz housing and im not too satisfied with the output the beam spreads out all huge over long distances .. i want a nice compact tight razor sharp dot from far distances.. that would require two lenses in a housing would it not?

what type of housing am i looking at getting for a _real_ pointer style collimator not this winky dinky basketball sized dot at 100yards stuff...

Just enlist the help of a friend. Have them go as far out as they can and still see the "dot" on surface. Then have them help you focus the dot at that distance. You will have the closest to what you are looking for as possible then (without the aid of very expensive and cumbersome optics). You should be able to focus the dot to your satisfaction by yourself at 100 yards. If your unit will not focus down to a small dot at 100 yards,you did something wrong when you put it together or there is something wrong with your lens.

Peace,
dave

just a side note. I have noticed that this may just be yet another odd optical property, or optical illusion, by the infamous blu-ray laser. I have done exactly what is described above with the help of a friend because i also noticed the "baseball bat" effect. After i focused it down to the smallest dot that i could do (at roughly a bit over 100 yards), i still noticed what appeared to be a baseball effect, and my friend who was off in the distance told me that the beam looked the same way to him, however the thick part of the beam was closest to me. So it may just be something that our eyes arent picking up correctly...

daguin

TheGr8Revealing said:
just a side note. I have noticed that this may just be yet another odd optical property, or optical illusion, by the infamous blu-ray laser. I have done exactly what is described above with the help of a friend because i also noticed the "baseball bat" effect. After i focused it down to the smallest dot that i could do (at roughly a bit over 100 yards), i still noticed what appeared to be a baseball effect, and my friend who was off in the distance told me that the beam looked the same way to him, however the thick part of the beam was closest to me. So it may just be something that our eyes arent picking up correctly...

Granted. The light is very difficult to focus on. 405nm is NOT easy on the eyes and it confuses the brain. Maybe THAT'S why I like it ;)

Peace,
dave

You will not be able to get rid of that extra blurriness around the dot. That has nothing to do with the laser optics. Your eyes were not designed for that wavelength and you can not focus on it like other colors once it's even a couple yards away.

I agree with the other posters - the thickness of the beam is some sort of optical illusion. I think it's a combination of not being able to focus on it well, increased scattering at this wavelength (see:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayleigh_scattering), as well as some of these diodes having a lot of 'spray' around them. At night, even when properly focused, the beam looks fat.

I can usually tell if the spot is close to focused from a distance, however the only way for me tell for certain is to walk to within a yard of it :) Can't rely on the beam

airy52 said:
That. is AWESOME! I want fancy light that I can't see right!! :eek:

Sure. Most of the electromagnetic spectrum is completely invisible. Your eyes are only sensitive to a tiny slice of it.

flogged said:
[quote author=airy52 link=1213979412/0#5 date=1214045304]That.  is AWESOME! I want fancy light that I can't see right!!  :eek:

Sure. Most of the electromagnetic spectrum is completely invisible. Your eyes are only sensitive to a tiny slice of it.
[/quote]
Exactly. Go look outside and see if you can focus on the radio waves coming from local stations or the IR being emitted from just about anything outside... ::) :p

Switch

climbak said:
[quote author=flogged link=1213979412/0#7 date=1214068463][quote author=airy52 link=1213979412/0#5 date=1214045304]That.  is AWESOME! I want fancy light that I can't see right!!  :eek:

[/quote]
Exactly. Go look outside and see if you can focus on the radio waves coming from local stations or the IR being emitted from just about anything outside... ::) :p[/quote]
I can't....I simply can't! :eek:

climbak said:
[quote author=flogged link=1213979412/0#7 date=1214068463][quote author=airy52 link=1213979412/0#5 date=1214045304]That.  is AWESOME! I want fancy light that I can't see right!!  :eek:

[/quote]
Exactly. Go look outside and see if you can focus on the radio waves coming from local stations or the IR being emitted from just about anything outside... ::) :p[/quote]

wait... you guys cant? Thats my favorite thing to do at night... watch the radio waves flow over the horizon...

;D

I think it depends on which chemical he ingested that night he could see the radio waves

If there was such a substance I'd be on it :eek:

Talk about a trip, there's so much RF radiation around us lots of stuff would be glowing.

Wonder what you'd see?

I'm pretty sure that crayola crayons have all the colors of the RF rainbow. For example, the radio equivalent to 405nm is purple mountain majesty. It's science.

Hello, We are supply the XBOX 360 HD-DVD laser PHR-803T sleds and other Game accessories and laser lens. your need any product, please contact us. thank you!
Web: www.laser-jp.com :)