Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ThorFire C8S 1.5W 405nm

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes. Those diodes are astonishing and dangerous. :)
You could be lucky and have an efficient diode outputting a higher electric to optical output. It is possible, just unlikely to see anything past 1.3W from what I have found.

It is certain that the section with caution ! however, I prefer the blue ! unfortunately I am in Italy this I have found it ! I found better I would have bought !

DTR's ability to push one of these diodes past 1 watt was due to the fact that it was in a temperature controlled ( to a degree ) heat sink and push slowly up in increments. This is never the case when it is in a host with a diver pushing it, so powers above 1 watt are not seen, or if seen, not for long. This diode is very likely under 900 mW and because of the small emitter it has a much higher energy density to the beam as focused down to a very small spot. The hand test, or back in the early days of my electronics experience, the wet finger method of testing voltage, is not even close to an accurate way of knowing the power output of this diode. I'm fairly certain it isn't more than 900 mW, and until you can measure it with a calibrated LPM, you can't know either.

DTR's ability to push one of these diodes past 1 watt was due to the fact that it was in a temperature controlled ( to a degree ) heat sink and push slowly up in increments. This is never the case when it is in a host with a diver pushing it, so powers above 1 watt are not seen, or if seen, not for long. This diode is very likely under 900 mW and because of the small emitter it has a much higher energy density to the beam as focused down to a very small spot. The hand test, or back in the early days of my electronics experience, the wet finger method of testing voltage, is not even close to an accurate way of knowing the power output of this diode. I'm fairly certain it isn't more than 900 mW, and until you can measure it with a calibrated LPM, you can't know either.

Right , I agree fully !

Hey , Morning Alaskan ! ho do you do today ?

Is this the "Predator Drone " that you use ?

predator050506-F-0000S-002.jpg

Last edited: