Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thor MII EBay Laser

GSS

No one said you weren't polite or nice. No one said you were the adding to the decline of this forum. Are you familiar with the reason of the dead link at the top of page? There is a reason its still up there.
Members that use vulgar language are also asked to tone it down. Every little bit helps to keep something going smoothly.
Would it be that bad to change your name for the sake of helping to keep this forum cleaner and what I think the majority of members don't care for. It would go a long way:)

I haven't used mine enough to really test out the battery which came with it. It's worked OK for the little time I've had it on. I have some Efests and AWs that I'll use if that supplied battery gives any problems.

Regarding the charger that came with it, I just tossed that into a box with the other cheap chargers that often come with lasers and lights. I don't trust those no-name cheap chargers and I won't even give them away to someone for fear that they'll have a problem with their batteries trying to use that charger. I'll probably eventually just throw them away.

I'm glad to hear that you've ordered a good charger for your batteries. I'm not familiar with the Nitecore charger but it's a good name. I use 4Sevens, Pila, Xtar, and Opus BT-C3400s for charging my Lion batteries. Yes, I'm out of control on chargers. I'm sure I'll also wind up getting a SkyRC MC3000 or two also before this year has ended. :D

Ed

From looking at your own model, do you know of any way I could open the laser up and get inside of it?

From looking at your own model, do you know of any way I could open the laser up and get inside of it?
Well, of course the first step would be to remove the batteries so that you don't have an accident and have the laser fire unexpectedly while you're messing with it. After that, I'm not sure.

When I look into the battery tube and rotate the head to focus the laser I can see that the contact spring inside the battery tube turns with the head but it doesn't look like the head is moving away from the battery tube when it's turned a couple of full revolutions. I'm reluctant to rotate the head any more than that for fear I'll twist something off, so I'll have to hope a more experienced member who might know how the Thor housing works will chime in and explain the inner workings.

It appears that the laser diode and lens are both mounted in the head, but I don't understand how the distance between the diode and the lens is varied by turning the head to focus.

Here's a thread where people were tearing into their Thors to replace the original plastic lens:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/ebay-thor-laser-93771.html

Maybe that'll help you.

Ed