Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

This really laser?

MojangYang

I found those cheap laser modules on ebay:

But they don’t look like laser diodes. My question is: Are they really lasers or are they just led focused into a dot?

GSS

They are laser's but yes they don't have a typical diode. They are built like the Dollar Store cat pointers but better built and will last a good long time.
I bought a 5 pack for maby $2 tops a while ago so these are very over priced..
They are not very bright for a red but like Anthony said they are fun to tinker with..

Last edited:
They are laser's but yes they don't have a typical diode. They are built like the Dollar Store cat pointers but better built and will last a good long time.
I bought a 5 pack for maby $2 tops a while ago so these are very over priced..
They are not very bright even for a red but like Anthony said they are fun to tinker with..
I bought 100 pcs for 20$

Ha, I bought that many too. The are probably the least expensive laser you will ever find, as mentioned above, they don't have a constant current driver, but are such low power, they don't need one, apparently.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, as everyone has already stated, these are real lasers, low powered, but real.
I put one of these in a cheap little flashlight host quite a few years ago, and it still lases just fine. Here is a link to my build. :)

GSS

Yes, as everyone has already stated, these are real lasers, low powered, but real.
I put one of these in a cheap little flashlight host quite a few years ago, and it still lases just fine. Here is a link to my build. :)
^^^^^^^Talk about a unlimited duty cycle^^^^^^^:):)

You should see my ghetto build's of them:whistle:.. I got so tired of the Dollar store one's dying out after a couple days of cat play, "the small ones that also have a little light" and I can't get myself to throw them away because of the flashlight part still working and them being keys chains also and them piling up in my junk draw that I taped one of these you listed to a 2 AAA battery cradle with a small limit switch taped on it too.
Hasn't croaked yet:giggle:
Also want to add, these are the ONLY lasers that I will play with my cat with..

For sale $5000 or best offer!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190718_110656 (2).jpg
    IMG_20190718_110656 (2).jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Red, how long have you had that little red guy running?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Your 5mW red laser "art light" reminded me of Javalins "The Little Diode That Could" thread. I can't believe how long his has lasted, hopefully it's still going strong!

It had been running for 5 years, and that was almost a year ago.

Hopefully, you'll have that kind of longevity with yours. (y)

Low power diodes that are run at or below specification should last anywhere from 6 to 10 years when run continuously. Good luck.