Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

This is for the machinists members and others that may be interested.

Ghostbusters when they were digging up the street in NYC Bill Murray asked the cop You gonna come down here shakin my monkey tree again ?

Benm

Those cubes inside cubes inside more cubes are amazing. Machining those contraptions from a single piece of stock really is machining skill.

They're also great conversation pieces as people often wonder how they got one inserted into the other, while that was never the case, and it's impossible to remove the inner ones by any non-destructive means.

I'm not sure about practical applications of such things, but they have something about them that makes them feel 'impossible'.

Gadget

Yeah. Everyone I show 'em to asks "so, how so they come apart?" 😂
And, you're absolutely correct, there is no practical application for them that I am aware of. For me they are strictly an art piece, and of course...to make people ask how they come apart!

Those cubes inside cubes inside more cubes are amazing. Machining those contraptions from a single piece of stock really is machining skill.

They're also great conversation pieces as people often wonder how they got one inserted into the other, while that was never the case, and it's impossible to remove the inner ones by any non-destructive means.

I'm not sure about practical applications of such things, but they have something about them that makes them feel 'impossible'.