Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

This is different..

GSS

OK I gave it a shot of trying some 18350 re raps that didn't have a crazy mAh rating..
Rated at a maby beleivable 800mAh.. They do "feel" hefty though and solid compared to some ***fire brands I have..
Non protected but they each measure 2.5mm longer than my AW unprotected, which when you put them in series you get 5mm more length..

Now the fun part on one cell, and no it's not the plastic rap causing the illusion.. The positive is way more off than it looks. Kinda comical how much when you role the cell on the table.
Wondering if it's also a re "button" top add or a flat top made into a button top that caused the way off center positive and extra length??:unsure:

I did message the seller 2 times this morning and haven't heard any thing yet??

Attachments

• IMG_20190420_132915.jpg
    IMG_20190420_132915.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20190420_075712.jpg
    IMG_20190420_075712.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Wow... really off center. Not the best quality control.
What are you using to take the pics... Kinda blurry.
Couldn't read the text on the battery.

Jerry

Hi GSS,
Efest makes 700/800 mA 19350's and they are good, even if the post is off center give them a try you never know. ✌
Hope they work out buddy..

Rich:)

GSS

Wow... really off center. Not the best quality control.
What are you using to take the pics... Kinda blurry.
Couldn't read the text on the battery.

Jerry
Just my cheapie flip phone and add my unsteady hand. I didn't realize how blurry it was till I posted it..

Rich, I tried them in the M03 Convoy you built and could barely get the tail clicky on. They stuck out to much plus it felt weird when i started tightening the cap.. I backed off when I felt like this off center battery might shift the inner spring and or cause a short.:whistle:
The 501B hosts do ok with them..

Last edited:

GSS

Iv'e bought from this place a few times in the past for Efest's and was a good deal.. Oh well no biggie live and learn as iv'e seen alot of sellers not do the right thing over a measly 1/2 of $8:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You get what you pay for. I would not buy from them again, though. I don't like no-name batteries.

Reactions: GSS
I load test all my cells and EFest IMR's have been solid performers.

GSS

I load test all my cells and EFest IMR's have been solid performers.
I don't have the right charger to test load. My best charger is probably my Nitecore 2D.
Iv;e seen video's on how to test without a inteligent charger but still don't have the bread board and resistors.
Any other half *ss kinda close result way's?

Last edited:
I have simply used big a 1 ohm like this 100w and a multi meter set to volts.
Connect your meter 1st and see that the battery is fully charged then add the resistor in parallel, that is short the resistor across the battery with the meter leeds attached so you can see the voltage drop and let it warm up the resistor for 10 seconds - 20 seconds and write down the drop, I have also tested 2 cells and 3 cells in series with a nubm44 and 4.5a sxd but that's after testing each cell individually and the EFest IMR has the lowest sag while other brand new cells claiming IMR formulation sag something awful......as a matter of fact if running only 2 x 18650 to power a nubm44 @ 4.5a you really need to use EFest or another high quality cell as others will sag below dropout ( 6.8v for the sxd ) in less than 60 seconds.

Anyway using a resistor and meter you can compare cells or using just a meter and the laser you want to power you can test your cells and at least know how well they stand up to your needs.

GSS

In parrallel with the wire right? Does it matter much if it's through the positive or negative?
Ok need to get some 18350 single cell holders also to make this easier with wires or a 18650 holder and improvised as iv'e yet to the holders in 18350 size.

If I remember correct, 2 18350 AW's and Efest's dropped to 3.4V from a full charge after about a total of 10 minutes of run time in my NUM44 at 4A.

These cells with the crooked top on the one, feels weird when tightening the rear clicky. When using the good one up front to the apature and the crooked one behind it in series, I feel when tightening the rear cap that the off center button preasure tends to bend the cells to the side at the meeting point in the tube and will push the front positive of the solder tab on the module board and maby short.

Oh yeah the seller said they should be fine and knew the button was off and it's normal:whistle:

Last edited:
In parrallel with the wire right? Does it matter much to the positive or negative?
Ok need to get some 18350 single cell holders also to make this easier with wires or a 18650 holder and improvised as iv'e yet to the holders in 18350 size.

If I remember correct, 2 18350 AW's and Efest's dropped to 3.3V from a full charge after about a total of 10 minutes of run time in my NUM44 at 4A.

These cells with the crooked top on the one, feels weird when tightening the rear clicky. When using the good one up front to the apature and the crooked one behind it in series, I feel when tightening the rear cap that the off center button preasure tends to bend the cells to the side at the meeting point in the tube and will push the front positive of the solder tab on the module board and maby short.

Oh yeah the seller said they should be fine and knew the button was off and it's normal:whistle:

GSS

^^^^^^^^^^^:):):):):):):):):)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Awsome and thank you;);););)for throwing this video together so quick..
I saw the hunks of round AL stock by the way in the back round:giggle:

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^:):):):):):):):):)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Awsome and thank you;);););)for throwing this video together so quick..
I saw the hunks of round AL stock by the way in the back round:giggle:

Yea, I make heat sinks and some MacGyver builds, I like to do as much as I can with limited tools but I still don't have a lathe or a mill and some times I need better tolorances so I am having parts made by Rich and Tung which is a great help, I really want to do some double 44's and double 7A75's c-lens corrected and with beam expanders but I am waiting for optical parts from Poland.

I am waiting for my rotators from OPT in Poland, it's been 4 weeks, has anyone ordered from them ? How long does shipping usually take ?
131.00 for two little pieces of glass but I need them to build a couple of dual nubm44 with 6X correction and beam expanders, should be real fun fire makers but I still wish every day for some bigger visible laser diodes, I may have to build out some of my ir projects, but I really prefer visible beams.

Last edited:

GSS

:)
No No Red, Pelagius is a member who happened to buy a Phaser from me.. It was directed at me for getting somewhat ripped off..

Pelagius, by the way nice to see you still lurk the forums:)