Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Third boost driver not working....

Hi guys,

I tested the FMT, exactly the same results. I don't know if this helps, the driver emitted the distinct high frequency sound mentioned in the datasheet, although the input voltage is correct and the source is able to supply enough current. It emitted the same sound in buck and boost mode, also on 3 and 5 diodes.

if you can hear that sound it means the input power is dropping below the point in which it can sustain regulation.

pretty sure it's a input power supply problem

At this point, perhaps some pictures of your setup would help folks give you more suggestions on what to try to clean up your input power connections :beer:

On the bright side, it's looking like all your drivers aren't trashed :yh:

benmwv

I think the problem lies in the internal resistance of the batteries plus the resistance between them and the driver. From the table on the first page you can see that it is much too high. We are talking about multiple amps here, even just 0.1 ohms will drop a significant amount of voltage.

Thanks guys for the help! the problem was the resistance to the driver :) I got rid of as much resistance between the driver and the battery as possible and the FMT and Xboost worked perfectly! I will be testing the Odicforce driver later since I have a new build to play around with tonight :cheers: