Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

thinking to buy a 200mW  on dealextreme

:( I bought a 20Mw from deal extreme and was so impressed with the output  (i could see the beam indoors with low light and really bright at night) that i ordered another one right away
Later the next day the output of the laser dropped (tried several brands of new batteries with no luck) So i returned it. The second laser i had ordered arrived and was so dim you couldnt even see the beam in the dark.(so i returned it) The replacement for the first return just arrived today and thats so low theres no beam even in the dark either . I am disapointed in Deal Extreme,they take ages to arrive after ordering and seem to have no quality control. SO.. can someone tell me what to expect in a visual output from a properly working 20 mw laserpointer.
The DX advertising is not very explicit but DOES say it should be seen in the dark and lowlight for the 20 mw.
I need to complain  to DX but i want my facts right . Thanks for all advice.  
PS.. i have to say that i might just have been unlucky with the lasers i have recieved,DX have refunded the postage and they seem genuine and helpful..

Aseras

Re: thinking to buy a 200mW  on dealextreme

There is IR leakage but its nowhere near 50%. Its about 5% or less. I get over 180mw of pure green with lithiums and 10-15mw of IR leakage. On nimh I get 120mw of pure green and about 5mw IR leakage. On a silicon/solar cell type reader like a lasercheck this inflates the score by 20-50mw due to the diffrence in energy of the wavelengths. it does not however make it that much more powerful.

I posted something on this yesterday under Green Lasers and DL et all. I measured the DX200 with different meters and IR filtering.

Mike

Your results seem pretty good, the New-wish may not be as terrible as some people say! My DX200mW has been working almost perfect sine it arrived (about 1 month to ship after buying it lol)

I just ordered the 200 mW greenie tonight! Hopefully it will be a step up from my 10 mW ebay laser.