Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

thinking to buy a 200mW  on dealextreme

are the lasers on dealextreme. com (the space is on purpose cuz i cant post links yet)  good quality because i am thinking about buying one so give your advice on this please. :-?

S

SenKat

The 50mw and below have proven perfect ! The 100mw one was reviewed by Psuedo - and he found it to be sorely lacking. Nobody has received their 200mw one yet - so the jury is still out.

best advice is to wait - we should have answers posted here in a week or so. Mike and I have both ordered a 200mW and they may or may not be shipped or in stock. We will review them when they come in and let you know about the IR.

My DX 20's are at 45 and 47 mW !!  I read about 1 mW of IR -- Not bad.
My 200 is on the way (God willing !!)  --- First reports on CPF don't seem too good yet.  News at 11 - someday !!!!

SenKat -- we need some ND8's SOON !!!!!!!

Mike

Re: thinking to buy a 200mW  on dealextreme

I got mine, and I am infinitely pleased....

I was so excited once I tweaked my leadlight.... now it seems dim in comparison to this baby...

I have no laser test equipment, but I can honestly say that out of every pointer I've ever owned (about 20), this is the most impressive..

:)

BobW55

Although mine is only a 30mw model, I am very pleased. It has a nice rubber grip, and easily out shines my 5mw Ebaser. From ordering to arriving at my door was only 11 days. Not bad for something that came from China. Not sure what I would get if I wanted something with higher power output.

ok i read on their site that the 200m doesn't have an ir filter.... ive got some questions like will this make it not as bright?... orr less powerful? all ive herd is that ir is dangerous.. but will it affect lazers quality if theres no filter? :-/

Jessesnail1 said:
ok i read on their site that the 200m doesn't have an ir filter.... ive got some questions like  will this make it not as bright?... orr less powerful? all ive herd is that ir is dangerous.. but will it affect lazers quality if theres no filter? :-/

the laser will still be putting out 200mw it just won't be putting out 200mw of pure green it will have IR mixed in.

T

timelord

IR scary stuff :eek:

S

SenKat

Jessesnail1 said:
ok i read on their site that the 200m doesn't have an ir filter.... ive got some questions like  will this make it not as bright?... orr less powerful? all ive herd is that ir is dangerous.. but will it affect lazers quality if theres no filter? :-/

It will affect the quality BIG time ! IR is no good unless you focus it - or have it converted into a different wavelength ! If you havea 120mw green laser that is leaking IR - you could put it next to a TRUE 120mw laser, and visibly see the difference immediately ! The one with al the IR will not be as bright, and it will not burn items at long distances as good as the other one will. Ir can be fun if it is focused down, and made to be useful - but it should not be part of a greenie !

BobW55

Did DX lower their prices?

The DX 200, is priced for $120 now. At that price I could afford one. But I will wait to see what you guys have to say when you get yours.

i heard the 200mw drains power pretty fast so its not as powerful? does anyone know if the 150mw or 100 mw are any good? and why is the 100mw 100$ but the 200mw just 20$ more?

S

SenKat

Just the way they have it priced, I suppose ! I do not know, as the ony ones I have messed with have been 50mw and below - Psuedo had a 100mw one, and lots of folks on here have the 200mw version. For only $20 more, I would rather go for the 200mw personally.