Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thermal glue

Not sure whether to post this here or experiments & mods but ohwell...
I had local access to thermal paste but not thermal glue. I wanted some for connecting an aixiz (mini brass) to a heatsink. I decided to try some mixtures...

I have concluded that thermal paste plus superglue / CA (cyanoacrylate) glue = functional thermal superglue.
I used Cooler Master High Performance Thermal Compound and Loctite superglue.
It very effectively glued my Aixiz to my heatsink, and running at 300mA it barely gets warm after 3 minutes yet I am still able to light matches, etc, etc.

Not a huge discovery but useful if you happen to have thermal paste and need thermal glue... :p

mine took me 10 minutes to go and get from the computer shop and 1 minute to mix... rather than 3 weeks to wait for a DX package :p

Nice idea, but mine is dielectric AND has good thermal conductivity :p and I'm not going to die in 2 years from lung issues... I never mix thermite or open a container of Al powder unless all present have approved ultrafine particle filters on their faces, which is recommended, and enforced if you do it professionally.

not saying you will die in 2 years either, but as I discussed on Instructables, in a few years the effects can show, a lot similar to inhaling fibreglass or asbestos particles.