Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

There's a new GLO among you!!

Gadget

You are now reading the words of a newly cherry-broken gasser! And I must say...this is freakin INCREDIBLE!! Screw high-output diodes...they can't hold a candle to an exposed, ignited plasma bore!!! Oh my FREAKIN GOD!!! I'm HOOKED!
:drool:

I should have listened to all the warnings from the rest of you gassers....oh well, too late now, I'm swimmin' in the deep end!!

I bought the Green HeNe from Hwang21 in this thread. He was a complete pleasure to do business with! Speedy transaction, immediate shipping, excellent packaging...everything a buyer could ask for. THANKS hwang21!

Pics to come later.

(EDIT)
It's later...

9480-laser-coherent-hene-007.jpg

9479-laser-coherent-hene-001.jpg

G

Last edited:

Welcome to the club, and the addiction that never ends! They'll just steadily get more and more fancy with your time and budget :tinfoil:

Gadget

Thanks (I think)!

I'm also diggin' those Teeny HeNe's you have in the other thread!

G

They seem to be quite popular. glad you like them. I have a quite a few HeNes ranging from a few inches all the way up to lab systems that are a couple yards long.

Congrats!

I'm a newly converted GLO as well... looking for my first Argon real soon now.

Cheers,
/c

Solid state is nice... But there's just something special about gas that holds a unique charm all it's own...now you just need one that you can see the plasma in, instead of a frosted bore. That and the green hene tubes gave an ever so slightly different color, as they use a different isotope in the gas fill to help with the green gain. The green output is so low that as you can see you need a huge tube to get a a decent amount out of it at TEM00

Welcome to the gassy side. Prepare to have your wallet go into perpetual hiding. Reminds me I really need to get my HeNe tubes out again soon.

ped

Pfft , It was actually the other way round for me.

I started off in the 80's repairing gas lasers out of nightclubs , then Tandy (Radio Shack) released a semiconductor laser pointer in 1991 , and I was hooked on solid state lasers from then.

But I still love gas.

Very pretty, your HeNe plasma pics almost look like an argon, color wise.

Nice laser