Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The very big and scary laser has arrived!

Razako

This is the 500+mw herc that I bought from morepower with included coherent lasercheck/power supply/some nice optics. Completely untouched by customs.....massive sigh of relief.
Sadly I need to go to work and I won't have time to power this monster up until later today :'(
This thing is huge :eek:
He.jpg

Man I can't wait for some beam shots!!

As said on this forum many times, the Hercules is a dual purpose laser. It's first purpose is that it is a great portable source for high powered laser light, its other use is that it makes a great bat!

yours goggles looks so small with that monster laser :eek: , looks like its two handed laser ;D

diachi

wow that things probably bigger than me  ::)

zomg im only allowed a <5mW laser because "lasers over 5mW are illegal in scotland" ooooh great a 5mW greenie that'll be soooo much fun  :'( :-/ :mad:

and sadly it'll probably cost me around £39+  which is just too much for a 5mW greenie:mad:

Razako

Here is a video showing a piece of paper meeting its demise. Btw I was using some old batteries that I took out of a maglite for this. I'll post some power readings and beamshots when I get some decent batteries.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te7rS3-4unY[/media]

It'd look better in a metallic case :cool: then it'd be shinnnnyyyyyyy

think big spyder II with fins ;D

nice unit!
i think its unfair on the herc, people continuously compare it to a baseball bat.
its in that huge housing for a reason isnt it.
atleast u can disconnect the batteries and power up through the mains to get a stable rated output as long as u want.
anyhow im one of many people here waiting to see some beamshots and more vids of that beast in action! :D

I posted this in the sale thread but thought it would be better off here.  Cut and paste:

Glad to hear it turned up without being tampered with.  If you want to truely see some insane burning get the smallish lens  in the short black plastic tube, put two small dobs of blue tack on it and stick it directly over the aperture.  You can cut through just about anything !!!

Things

Including sheet metal? ;D ;D Looks like you got a nice laser there, i wish i could afford such a monster!

I can afford a couple of these babies, but then I wouldn't have a car. And I want a car. ;D

For those wondering how I got my moneys, I won Funniest Home Videos once with a vid of me attempting a somersault on a trampoline, then phailing and landing in a 1 foot deep pool of mud. It was completely set up, I can pull a somersault easy, but it was freakin' funny watching it in slow motion ;D

Sexy. There's only three reasons one would sell it: financial quagmire, purchased an upgrade, or quitting the hobby. So which is it?

Razako

Does anyone know what the voltage should be coming from the adapter? With a multimeter I'm getting a reading of 3.1volts. The reason I'm asking is because on the adapter it has a warning label saying that you will damage the laser if the voltage is set too high. I needed to bend the pins back to fit an American outlet but the input voltage is still within the acceptable 100-240volt level.

The laser runs off 3 1.5V D cells in series which would add up to a total of 4.5V. I'm thinking that it only uses 3 for the added capacity and that it has a voltage regulator reducing it down to 3V for the laser to use. In that case 3.1v from the adapter would be fine?

Yes 3.1V will be fine, I'm pretty sure that's about what I got when I measured it a while ago.

@ Cyparagon, I'm partially getting out of the hobby but not totally. I've found an interest in HID torches and am dabbling in those at the moment.

how much for all of it?
did it come with the goggles?

"beamshots"?

BAH

i wanna see some BATSHOTS