Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The toys!!!

FokoF

They arrived! thanks Dave!
Well what to say... lets start with the service, top marks, my account was buggy as hell so Dave did a manual order and shipped it out to me. It took 6 days to get here from China to South Africa, not bloody bad going!

Work has been taking up all my time, so progress is a bit slow... started drilling the aluminium plate and mounted all the goodies on it... Fired her up and lucky the first time! (note to self cheap laser modules have crappy ttl modulation!!!) will have to upgrade that next

Anyway the packaging was amazing, it was like a chinese torture toy... static wrapped, bubble wrapped and then surrounded in foam and then taped up so tightly even customs wouldn't bother opening it

Quality looks to be good... all clean and shinny...

The DMX board it comes with was a bit disapointing... no surprise! the pre programmed graphics are crap and all the good ones it only shows for a few seconds I would have preffered a board more aimed towards beam shows and not birds flying and chinese words i can't read....

And here are some pics so far... videos to come as soon as I have some time and enough people to smoke hubbly to fill a room with smoke.. DIY smoke machine

Attachments

• DSC02167.JPG
    DSC02167.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 236

nice! I need to hurry up and go get an aluminum plate so I can mount everything. My big green comes on tuesday so I don't have much time. Can't wait to see more pics.

neat isn't it? I've just gotten my DAC working pretty well, galvos need tuning though

Things

Lookin good! My galvo's arrive tommorow! Can't wait :D

Atleast for now I have DMX control, and I am planning on a sound card DAC like mario is using in the near future.

I wish my scanpro had come with a dmx controller. i tried getting a hold of lasershowparts but there has been no reply.

FokoF

Mario- how do you make the soundcard DAC.... been having problems with it. it only has two outputs for x and for y, but the scanner amps need a differential signal, + - and ground... please make a tutorial! seems there are no clear instructions anywhere :-/

Climbak- What laser did you order?

he is using a "Amp" that he built on a breadboard. its prety simple actualy. it takes the output and converts it it to +/- 5v..

the sound card is not providing x and y, its just being used for digital to analog conversion wich means from bits and bytes to an electrical signal.. once you have an electrical signal that difereltial within a range, you can turn that in to whatever you want.. and then controll it by changing the input value thru the sound card.

FokoF

Yeah the audio coupler.. that has one output per channel then you need to put a opamp on aswell.. problems problems and more problems trying to sort it out on Photonlexicon :p

mario's seems to be working well.. he sent me a pic of the ILDA test pattern the other day (no modulation yet) talk to him on aim later today.. he will be on (always is)

even after the opamps, the signal is just +signal and ground, the -signal is just left disconnected

they amplify the signal to the right voltage (you'll need an oscilloscope to tune them) and removes the voltage offset created by the sound card