Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

the scanner SCANS O____o

the scanner SCANS O____o update big pics

UPDATE 1-1-13
welll over a year after the original post i finally have added a 1W 445nm laser and made a huge upgrade as far as enclosure goes.

but the best thing i have done is upgraded my DAC and software. i am now using a Etherdream DAC which i am more than happy with and the basic version of LSX which i also love.

hopefully you like these pictures. and more to come soon :D
the images are large so here is a imgur album

:D
lpf scanner thread - Imgur

O_____________O simon face

well i finally got some stable output these are scanned very small in LFI with ptk-30s scanning at around 5 degrees ~27k.

i just had to post this because im so exited i will continue to compile pics...

there are only a few for now but THE SCANNER SCANS :drool:

IMAG0129.jpg

laser radiation 0_o ^

IMAG0127.jpg

all colors sharp dots O__O_o-o_0

as you can see its only single color atm but who cares its scanning

hehe :beer: guys

Last edited:

kudos! What was the eventual cause of the dots appearing between lines?

TBH i have no clue. i just checked its actually in CVL mode :thinking: i dont even know what that means...

also i think it was a combination of getting a better db25 connector and just getting all the blanking balanced scan angle etc right.

:thanks:

CVL is copper-vapor laser, which produce multiline output in green and yellow. Basically that mode gives you bi-color output. Do you get good output when set to "monochrome"? That's the setting intended for single-color projectors.

Very good looking output in your pics!

Last edited:
CVL is copper-vapor laser, which produce multiline output in green and yellow. Basically that mode gives you bi-color output. Have you tried monochrome? That's the setting intended for single-color projectors.

i will try that ... heh thats funny ill try it today or tomorrow time permitting :thanks:

screw it ill go do it now XD

EDIT lfi isnt working ATM somehow all the setting got back to default it wont send any output :( i have the right sc selected etc laser is on blah blah blah i quit for today

Last edited:
Congrats! At first I didn't know what had changed, but I see the Imgur gallery has changed.

You really should make sure your photos are in focus before uploading. Some aren't worth looking at otherwise.

Congrats! At first I didn't know what had changed, but I see the Imgur gallery has changed.

You really should make sure your photos are in focus before uploading. Some aren't worth looking at otherwise.

yeah out of 150+ pictures only one i really liked, the last one in the album. but hey some of them, if you only look at the thumbnail they seem to be in focus :na:

^^spam reported

I love that beamshot. It looks almost like the blue and green are twirling around each other :D :beer: +1

Back