Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

The Most Powerful Laser Gun

Are Li-Ion batteries okay? I can't seem to find anything else really

Sta

Just to make sure I've got this, I can get two 18650 at 4500mAh(for a driver set to 4500mAh) and connect them in parallel, then in series with a switch? (I should look up some videos probably)

Also is the eagle series laser glasses (the 190-540nm range) a good brand?
mAh is not a measure of current; it is a measure of running time. 1 mAh means that it can run at 1 milliampere for 1 hour. mA is current, mAh is a measure of how long the battery can run. You shouldn't trust any 18650 batteries that say that they have more than 3500 mAh.

Sta

Ok, so for batteries can I get Li-Ion? or should I stick stricly to AW IMR batteries?
AW IMR are just very high binned Li-ion batteries. They are the best batteries money can buy. But regular ****fire li-ion batteries will work fine for most purposes (although they can occasionally explode violently.)

Last edited:

Sta

O ok, so maybe I'll start with something a little cheaper? or go all out and get the best from the get-go.
You can go with cheaper 18650s as long as you make sure never to short them out (or put them in the wrong way) - otherwise, they might explode and damage your laser, or even injure you.

It can, yes. I killed a driver before i knew this

Edit:
Survival sells a nice 20 amp load
Kinda pricy tho

Last edited:
Sorry pal,
Hard learned lessons....
At least your not scared to get in there and make a mistake. You'll do great