Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The LEDShoppe Thread

In a nutshell, LEDShoppe is an online retailer of cheap small electronic goods sourced from Hong Kong.  They carry a range of pen style green laser pointers very similar to those carried by DX/KD, and priced to match.  Shipping is free worldwide, with (as of yet) no restrictions of any kind.  Average shipping time to the US is less than 1.5 weeks from the date of purchase.  Payment options include their own credit card payment system or PayPal, with your final transaction being between the US based online retail framework provider CCNow and you/PayPal.  There are also options for you to track your order, change your order, or cancel your order before it's shipped.

My experience with this company has thus far been very positive.  The first laser pointer order I made was for a green 30mW unit, which arrived in my mail in a discrete package with good bubble wrapping for protection.  The unit itself delivers excellent power, with a highly visible beam and exceptional brightness, although there was bad conductivity between the pointer's base and the diode, so at first the power delivery was inconsistent and sometimes the pointer failed to work.  I've already corrected this problem myself by cleaning / modifying the pointer's base, but this was unnecessary: after I explained my situation to LEDShoppe via their online feedback form, I was immediately informed by them that they would send me a tested replacement pointer free with another order I had just made.  Thus, I am impressed by their level of service, and I won't hesitate to purchase goods from them again.

For buyers, current pricing of green pointers is as follows:
  • 5mW: $12.99 (Reviewed by Cyparagon, almost always consistently overpowered, sometimes by a factor of 8-9) (UPDATE: Personal experience and other people's testimonials indicate these and other "black" type pointers have sub-par quality control. Silver pointers are very consistent in build and output quality.)
  • 10mW: $14.99 (Reviewed by Jimmymcjimthejim, with a good testimony to their superb customer service)
  • 20mW: $17.99
  • 30mW: $19.99
  • 50mW: $24.99 (Reviewed by Benm, real output power is dead on with rated power, decent beam specs)
Make sure to use coupon code YABEPG for 10% off your order.

Personally, I wouldn't pay the tracking for small orders since it's not really accurate, and only told me when my pointer left Hong Kong and nothing else.

UPDATE: The consensus is in: LEDShoppe pointers rock, especially their 50mW pointer.  Check page 2 for some good photos of their packaging.  As others have said, if you receive a defective pointer, they will send you a replacement NO QUESTIONS ASKED.  Truly superior customer service.

Thats good news because I just ordered the 30mW pen style. [smiley=thumbup.gif] :) :D
My dad also ordered those "3800 mah" AA's.

--hydro15

I ordered an MXDL host from them, and I was impressed with the quality of the product, prices, and the condition. I would definitely recommend LEDShoppe.

-Mark

i got a 5mw green laser from them on my way! look at the laser userbar i made for it in my signature!

jwc

hydrogenman15 said:
--hydro15

Hmm... While theoretically, they could be that high, I'd be prepared to see something much lower. Even if they are, it is important to note that the higher capacity batteries tend to also have higher rates of self discharge. Wikipedia has a good article on Ni-MH batteries. Nevertheless, I hope they work well.

I'm really interested in a laser from LEDshoppe, the prices are great! But ít would be nice to see some reviews first, so that I'm sure I won't get junk. Everyone who buys one of these, post feedback about them!

LazerGuy said:
I'm really interested in a laser from LEDshoppe, the prices are great! But ít would be nice to see some reviews first, so that I'm sure I won't get junk. Everyone who buys one of these, post feedback about them!
They are junk lasers, the same junk DX & kaidomain sells. You get what you pay for when it comes to Chinese non-IR filtered lasers, but heck, they are cheap, and as long as you're careful then it's not a bad deal. :)

LazerGuy said:
They are junk lasers, the same junk DX & kaidomain sells. You get what you pay for when it comes to Chinese non-IR filtered lasers, but heck, they are cheap, and as long as you're careful then it's not a bad deal. :)

quick, somebody make this a sticky! he has just done the impossible! He desribed the quality vs price of dx type lasers! lol

Raybo

I recieved my two 50mw green lasers from the ledshoppe today and I have to say, it was money well spent for my $46. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Very nice visible beam compared to my 5mw greenie and construction ain't bad either.
I charged up a set of nimh AAA cells and threw them in, the beam REALLY smokes compared to alkalines.

I don't know how much IR these things are spewing (no way to measure it), but the beam is excellent.

I recommend the ledshoppe to anyone.

Ray

Raybo

Liberty1992 said:
how long does shipping take from them? do they ship from China too?

Mine came exactly two weeks after I placed my order.

Ray

Raybo

LazerGuy said:

I'll take some images for you, the packaging is nothing to brag about, but for the price meh, the lasers themselves are actually pretty darn nice.

Ray

After I got, (and tested), 2 of the 50 mW's I ordered 2 30 mW's and another 50, these seem well worth the price to me, and so far, are better QC'd than DX!

2-29-09 UPDATE !  I have ordered 2 50 mW units 3 times now, and the 1st 4 were good 50 mW lasers, same with #5, # 6 is overpowered!  ~85 mW, (on my meter it hits 94 mW peak, but I believe my meter is about 9.1% high in the green to violet range.  I so scored!  ;D :D :) :D ;D

This feedback is probably enough for me, I'll go buy some LEDshoppe pointers soon. Considering 2 50mW:s. :)

This could be a new "DX place" to get cheap greenies! Even lower prices than DX, and it seems the quality is better (so far) as well!

jwc said:
[quote author=hydrogenman15 link=1226642076/0#1 date=1226642614]
--hydro15

Hmm... While theoretically, they could be that high, I'd be prepared to see something much lower. Even if they are, it is important to note that the higher capacity batteries tend to also have higher rates of self discharge. Wikipedia has a good article on Ni-MH batteries. Nevertheless, I hope they work well.[/quote]

Well, I don't really there THAT high but they will probably work well.

--hydro15