Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Golden Company: LPF's Compendium of the Rare Yellows, from Chartreuse to Amber.

Nice compilation! Just a minor correction though. I have two 594 HeNe (One is an REO tube and the other is Coherent branded). Both tubes do ~3mw after warm up. My 589nm handheld is a CNI PGL-III-C. It's rated at 80mw but does 110+ after warm up.

I Pm'd you last night one laser wl I own you missed and two that were shipped out today.

561nm 15mW pgl-III-C
589nm 50mW 103mW peak pgl-III-M
589nm 80mW 105mW peak pgl-III-C
593.5nm 20mW 25mW peak phl-III-M

Sta

Please do add me to the list! I've got a Spartan 589nm 50mW that averages 100mW with a peak of 162mW. :)

yeah, I dont buy it unless I see it on a professional LPM like mine. Its not unreasonable, but not likely either.

Last edited:
yeah, I dont buy it unless I see it on a professional LPM like mine. Its not unreasonable, but not likely either.

I got one of the better Spartans from the peaks I see others getting. Mine avg 70-80mW and if I do a few tricks have gotten 107mW but its has to be warmed up just right then I quickly swap out a battery charged to 4.22V and it will hit over 100mW's but 162mW.... something must not be right. Not saying your being dishonest in any way just there has to be an explanation. That would be impressively over spec even if it was a PGL-C 80mW 589nm.

Last edited:
Yeah mine hangs out at about 100-120 range typically. Pretty hard to get much higher than that, so anything higher id be treating with scrutiny.

Yeah mine hangs out at about 100-120 range typically. Pretty hard to get much higher than that, so anything higher id be treating with scrutiny.

Your PGL-C 589 I assume you're referring to? I finally got my hands on one and a PGL-M 25mW 593.5nm. They just barely cleared customs from Canada. Scheduled to be delivered next Tuesday. The old flashlight declaration trick they are onto.

Your PGL-C 589 I assume you're referring to? I finally got my hands on one and a PGL-M 25mW 593.5nm. They just barely cleared customs from Canada. Scheduled to be delivered next Tuesday. The old flashlight declaration trick they are onto.

The PGL-III-M is the Spartan host, correct? If so, I think you're the first & only to have a 593.5 in that host! Did you purchase directly from CNI? :yh:

-Alex

The PGL-III-M is the Spartan host, correct? If so, I think you're the first & only to have a 593.5 in that host! Did you purchase directly from CNI? :yh:

-Alex

Yes the PGL-III-M is the Spartan. The seller who will remain anonymous until he decides to post publicly has a very good working relationship with CNI and lasers. In fact the 589 PGL-C I bought from him was a special order and is actually a 100mW version. As many here know the hundred plus hours I have spent searching for one of these has finally come to an end. As a bonus I have a rare 25mW 593.5 to boot!

The 593.5 was a PGL-H module and he gave me my choice if hosts in which I chose the PGL-M for a couple reasons, one being that I think this will be the only one of its kind and I also prefer the M host for lower powered lasers. I wish my 561nm 15mW was in an M rather than a PGL-C. Just seems like overkill for only 15mW's. The Spartan host is also my favorite OEM host out there. So solid and just feels good in the hand. It will also be nice to have both 589 and 593.5 in mathcing M host's.

Last edited:
Complete newbie question here. I've seen that most yellow or gold handheld lasers are around 50mw. Do they produce a nice beam? I'm real big on having a really nice beam and if the yellow makes a nice one, I will definitely think of buying one myself! :D

Also, how durable are they? I'd hate to buy one and have it break on me, because they are kind of expensive from what I've seen.:tinfoil:

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, 50mW 589nm does produce a wonderful beam. Depending on where you get it from, they are usually overspec anywhere from 80-120mW on average. On fragility, i have a Spartan and it has a tough host. It also comes with a screw in lens cap. If you have the money, go for it. No regrets for me. :)

Yes, 50mW 589nm does produce a wonderful beam. Depending on where you get it from, they are usually overspec anywhere from 80-120mW on average. On fragility, i have a Spartan and it has a tough host. It also comes with a screw in lens cap. If you have the money, go for it. No regrets for me. :)

Thanks man! I'll gladly be looking into it then :p

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
No problem lildutchboy7, :)
589nm is a great wavelength to own, it has a slight touch of amber in with golden yellow. And it's colour changes in different light levels. As for the brightness, It is roughly comparable to that of a 40-50mW 532nm laser depending on how overspec your laser is of course. Look forward to seeing yours when you have it ;)