Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Golden Company: LPF's Compendium of the Rare Yellows, from Chartreuse to Amber.

Being I very rarely logon, it's neat to see what you guys are up to every now and then. I saw that my reviews were linked in here, which was pretty neat to see after this much time. I've since sold off my collection so I could afford college more comfortably... gotta say, I do miss the unripe-banana colored 561.

That said, imageshack has since deleted all of my pictures in my 561 thread, I managed to find a cached version of the page and I recovered the images (and uploaded them to my account HERE, so hopefully they are a bit more permanent this time).

Cheers,
:beer:

Last edited:

I wanted to add that after just receiving my LaserBee 3.7W USB LPM today and getting it up and running I decided to put my Spartan 50mW 589nm to the test as it has been 4 months since receiving it from Gr3en. I ran it from a cold start for approx. 2 minutes with an ambient room temperature of 68 degrees with a fully charged Panasonic 3400mAh 18650. The results were an average of 93mW and peak of 112mW, needless to say I am happy with the performance of this laser and I count myself lucky that I have such a nice example considering the issues others have experienced. :beer:

Spartan%2050%20589nm_zps0ul5uxfh.jpg

Razako

I wanted to add that after just receiving my LaserBee 3.7W USB LPM today and getting it up and running I decided to put my Spartan 50mW 589nm to the test as it has been 4 months since receiving it from Gr3en. I ran it from a cold start for approx. 2 minutes with an ambient room temperature of 68 degrees with a fully charged Panasonic 3400mAh 18650. The results were an average of 93mW and peak of 112mW, needless to say I am happy with the performance of this laser and I count myself lucky that I have such a nice example considering the issues others have experienced. :beer:
That's one amazing specimen you got. Cherish it well. I had to send mine back to DL a few days ago because something likely went wrong with the pump diode and the laser's output dropped by >90% randomly. It still worked, but it's like it had turned into a 5mw pointer. Now for the endless weeks of waiting:cryyy:

That's one amazing specimen you got. Cherish it well. I had to send mine back to DL a few days ago because something likely went wrong with the pump diode and the laser's output dropped by >90% randomly. It still worked, but it's like it had turned into a 5mw pointer. Now for the endless weeks of waiting:cryyy:

I will definitely cherish it well, I am aware of your issue among others as well. I hope it is rectified swiftly for you and that you get your ray of sunshine back the way you remember it! :beer:

Razako

I will definitely cherish it well, I am aware of your issue among others as well. I hope it is rectified swiftly for you and that you get your ray of sunshine back the way you remember it! :beer:
Yeah, I'm just kinda worried lol. A lot can go wrong shipping something to China, and I couldn't get insurance on it because DL told me not declare the value over $25. I'm mainly worried about it getting "lost" or something. I packed it well enough that you could probably kick it down a staircase without damage.

Yeah, I'm just kinda worried lol. A lot can go wrong shipping something to China, and I couldn't get insurance on it because DL told me not declare the value over $25. I'm mainly worried about it getting "lost" or something. I packed it well enough that you could probably kick it down a staircase without damage.

Ugh, I remember that feeling when I had to send my 655nm labby back. Waiting was the worse, but once they get it times seems to fly by :)

If anything, they'll probably ship you a new unit which may even peak over 200mW!!!!! :D

Keep us updated.

-Alex

Last edited:
I received my CNI GLP-589. I like the color of 589nm, it's just soft on the eyes and will not cause strain.
CNI is really doing a fine job on these, unlike the ones I had in the past this one is pretty stable and does not even get warm after more than a minute.
It has a nice tight visible beam in the dark. CNI claiming 5.7mW output but I belive it's doing 10mW at least.

zVilZGW.jpg

Razako

Got three entries for this topic.
I Got my replacement spartan from dragonlasers and it works great far as I can tell. Nice low divergence beam which can reach out into the sky and put a dot on low lying clouds. Also seen here are my 2-5mw 593.5nm CNI penlaser and my 561nm project box build.
IMG_0811_zpskfd1okia.jpg

IMG_0817_zps2fpo61ar.jpg

IMG_0812_zpskvxmmfhe.jpg

IMG_0814_zps0awtgn3f.jpg

IMG_0806_zpsyoxnfs6f.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 20 mW 561nm PGL-III-C.
Also if uyou wish to update the listing my Spartan 589 does 96mW peak. I got a good one.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Chicxulub, could you please add me to the 594nm list with a Rigel 6, 7mW peak. :thanks: