Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The flyback based stun gun I made

Ok,
I will make an instructable, but here is an explanation that should help you all.

It has 1 6v battery connected to 3 mini camera zapper circuits (See: http://www.instructables.com/id/SVNQV4EFIZPHEWS/) the output of them is connected to a capacitor, so connect all of the positive outputs and all the negative outputs and connect them to a 2.2uf 400v polypropylene cap or as I use, two in series. the negative on the cap is then connected to the negative of the flyback and the positive is connected to a 90v gas discharge tube that connects to the flyback's + pin. I find shorting some pins on the flyback makes it stronger. Also, people will ask which pins to use. I personally just tried tham all until I found the two but there is another method with an ohmmeter (which didn't work for me but does for everyone else so should be OK)

I hope this helps.

HT

P.S + rep if this helps or you want to see more plz ;D

Ace82 said:
Try a Pickle, it would most likely light up like a light bulb.  
maybe if the pickle was in a resonant cavity it would lase! ;D

chopper said:
[quote author=Ace82 link=1220277055/0#14 date=1220455429]Try a Pickle, it would most likely light up like a light bulb.  
maybe if the pickle was in a resonant cavity it would lase!  ;D [/quote]
Pickle laser new meme. Start shoppin'.

C

carulli

I made a driver for a old flyback (disk shaped one from an old tv) and it outputted approx 20kv (estimated by a 2cm gap before arc started), this was fun but I wanted bigger sparks. so i hooked it up to a voltage tripler and I acheved 6cm sparks :eek:. this was fun until I accidently dropped the wire with the pliers i was using to hold it and it then started arcing to me! it trough me across my room and made me go pale for around 15 min, my mum was scared sh!tless lol. so be careful with it.
I also made a ignition coil driver, I haven't shocked my self yet but it apparently will only feel like an electric fence.

Instead of a flyback, you can use a motorbike ignition coil, and a 4.7uF polypropilene capacitor charged by the camera charger or some more complicated inverter. Ignition can be done with a good IGBT with an anti-parallel diode or an SCR, either with an anti-parallel diode to avoid f**ing it out after a couple of discharges.

Be allways careful while "playing" with high voltage, as the voltage rises your capacitors quickly start to accumulate more energy becoming more and more danagerous to "try by hand". Even a 2.2uF cap charged at 5-600V would feel very bad if taken, put safety before anything while playing with high voltage, your first mistake may be the last.

Attachments

• igbt_ignition.png
    igbt_ignition.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,951