Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Dragon 125mw.... my review

I"m sure Randall is a good shot, but I'm thinkin.. bald head...look up...uh oh!

I love to have fun as much as anybody, but I'm assuming we are all adults and are very careful knowing the risks.... there are little eyes that read these forums too and have vain imaginations of impressing thier friends at school etc and aren't so careful.

I know even outside shots have been banned from display on CPF...which is a bummer as the original use for these are star pointers and many glorious shots can be done outdoors... but a few that were irresponsible ruin't it for the many.

This forum is not a target yet and still off the radar, but many people browse these things that have many other intentions and motives "other" than being a responsible hobbyist. We have to be careful what we publically speak about in respect to zapping other people, or animals... simply because young kids that get on here tend to idolize our actions and won't be so responsible and "poof" the infamous green lazer will again be in the headlines!

I spoke about zapping nasty spiders that come out of the trees at night on CPF and a moderator got upset because they thought the thread was turning into a fun specatacle of zapping animals!... Heck they sell bug spray to zap spiders!.... I don't see any for zapping dogs or cats?....Maybe there should be since they have been killing small kids lately in the news? Some people have no reasoning skills and cannot separate whats important and whats not. Sometimes I think kids are moderators as they interject thier own goofy values that distract from the point!!! LOL!

The "little" lasers can be "so concealed", they are most likely the ones that when used in the wrong hands can ruin it for all of us if we're not careful. But thats also the beauty.. you can carry it all day without sending out a flag you have one and use it when appropriate.

T

timelord

Good point but in my mind KIDS should not have lasers in the first place, so it's down to the parents to monitor their transactions online buying these expensive lasers. When i was a kids pocket money was something only rich kids got, but nowadays parents seem to buy their kids off to keep the peace LOL.
Let's face it these days kids will get onlne and read things far worse than a laser forum, and with the age of bluetooth they share more P O R N and other contraversial stuff than on their mobile phones at school than you can imagine. I think this world is going mad with all this politically correct nonsense and people wanna start living again and take a few risks. In my country we call it the NANNY STATE gone mad.........

Timelord said:
Good point but in my mind KIDS should not have lasers in the first place, so it's down to the parents to monitor their transactions online buying these expensive lasers. When i was a kids pocket money was something only rich kids got, but nowadays parents seem to buy their kids off to keep the peace LOL.
Let's face it these days kids will get onlne and read things far worse than a laser forum, and with the age of bluetooth they share more P O R N and other contraversial stuff than on their mobile phones at school than you can imagine. I think this world is going mad with all this politically correct nonsense and people wanna start living again and take a few risks. In my country we call it the NANNY STATE gone mad.........

Agreed on all points except that we tend to not convict or even consider a crime evils that do not cause "physical" harm to anyone.... putting someones eye out will raise even national attention if its from a green laser.

T

timelord

windstrings said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1169507923/15#17 date=1169568934]Good point but in my mind KIDS should not have lasers in the first place, so it's down to the parents to monitor their transactions online buying these expensive lasers. When i was a kids pocket money was something only rich kids got, but nowadays parents seem to buy their kids off to keep the peace LOL.

Agreed on all points except that we tend to not convict or even consider a crime evils that do not cause "physical" harm to anyone.... putting someones eye out will raise even national attention if its from a green laser.[/quote]
I agree with you but it still get's back to the point that if kids get hold of these things in the first place then it's up to the parents to stop this. But i'm sure there are some dumbass so called adults that will make headlines so which ever way you look at it, education of the sensible and safe use should always be promoted on these forums and in the manuals from the factorys & vendors too. I'm sure me & you could go on forever about this subject, but hey lets have fun with our lasers and enjoy them whilst we can ("he sez as he zaps a balloon with the dragon laser :DLOL") :cool:

Some more pics :)

Dragononmirror.jpg

Dragononcrystal.jpg

Dragononcrystal5.jpg

Dragononcrystal4.jpg

Dragononcrystal3.jpg

Dragononcrystal2.jpg

Dragononclock.jpg

windstrings said:
[quote author=Vital Viper link=1169507923/15#22 date=1172526389]So how was it commically shipped ;) ::)

PM sent.[/quote]

Hey i wanna know how it was shipped to :'(

dl125 is the second best concealed toy i own. puy a couple of e2's in pipe, keep it at body temp,and look for targets of oppurtunity.

PLEASE DO NOT REFER TO OUR POINTERS AS WEAPONS. They are NOT and the US GOVT is looking into classification thusly.
Nothing is a weapon unless used as such. Consider a beer bottle, kitchen knife etc. We don't need government getting into our hobby.
Mike

S

SenKat

Very well said, Hemlock....the day the gov't classifies these as weapons will be a sad day indeed. They need to fix other $hit, before worrying about lasers for God's sake....

our lasers are merely toys for amusement. popping balloons and lighting matches can hardly be construed as dangerous. hemlock , try not to be so tense, its just for fun. if the govt. makes lasers a restricted commodity i will find another hobby!

Randall --

I wasn't aiming at you personally. I see hints of fantacy weaponry everywhere. The CPF does not allow certain pictures etc for this reason.
Now Windstring's Herc ---- That's different !! I wouldn't want to get clubbed across the head with that stump ;D

Mike

cpf has to many regulations that deny freedom of speech and expression. not allowing certain photos and ideas is a reminder of fear. banning threads and limiting the proliferation af ideas ; laser toy, laser weapon, laser used for evil, laser used improperly as pointer,etc, will not stop the public from drawing conclusions. lets just have fun and screw those who try to stop it.

SenKat said:
Very well said, Hemlock....the day the gov't classifies these as weapons will be a sad day indeed. They need to fix other $hit, before worrying about lasers for God's sake....

Well they better crank up the power first.... I can't even take out a squirrel yet!..... LOL!