Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Chartreuse Coruscation

While I was Modifying the Jetlaser driver Box.... I decided on two (2) separate toggle switches for the secondary and final; I/O....One for Green and one for Red.

I will incorporate the experimental electronic latching circuit on my
"Violet Verge" build ( Two x 2W - 405nm Combiner build !!)

This Green Driver box will have more things hanging off it than you can believe. In retrospect….just where would I have put ALL these things if there were NO box ?????? Hmmmm...Not a clue !!

Just put some components together, again, for a photo op....Yikes....It does look....er ???? "Experimental"....but then...IT IS !! This build has had many twists and turns....many unexpected add-ons...oh well....like I
said...when 50KW DEW are being developed...I bet they will look ….??? " Experimental " also !! MMMMM..... ????
" And his light will shine again... like a Beacon in the Universe " Hahahahaha CDB

Attachments

• CC Green Driver Enclosure ready for switches and external barrier strip.jpg
    CC Green Driver Enclosure ready for switches and external barrier strip.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 11
  • CC Assembly as of 9.18.2019.jpg
    CC Assembly as of 9.18.2019.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 10
  • CC Green Driver Enclosure _ Barrier Strip detail.jpg
    CC Green Driver Enclosure _ Barrier Strip detail.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

A few shots testing the combined drivers. The reason this build has morphed into such an " AD HOC " conglomeration....

1) Needed to evolve to the 532nm line to achieve the Chartreuse color, which demanded the large driver box.
2) Needed to use a PWM circuit ( Provided by Wossee ) to modulate the Red LD from 900mW and down.
3) Needed to provide the PWM circuit 6 VDC supply.
4) Wanted to monitor both sets of 18650 LiPo supply with small DVM display

ALL this...just for the Lime Green color !!! Think I will eventually do one....something like this in Blue/Green...A B/G for my collection this time !!
I am painfully aware this build....has gone on...an on...and on....BUT...Like I said...MANY surprises and demanded adaptations....Sigh !!

Anyway....just a few pics of the final assemble and wiring set up...Lotta wires !!! Later...CDB

Attachments

• CC Final assembly 1.jpg
    CC Final assembly 1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 15
  • CC Final assembly 2.jpg
    CC Final assembly 2.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 18
  • CC Final assembly 3.jpg
    CC Final assembly 3.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 20
  • CC Fial assembly 4.jpg
    CC Fial assembly 4.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
You ought to be able to get pretty close to a yellow looking output with that, Bob. I would like to see that. (y)

Yea...Red @ full output....= Yellow....mmmmm,,,,Lite Yel
You ought to be able to get pretty close to a yellow looking output with that, Bob. I would like to see that. (y)

Yea....Red @ 100% on = Lite Yellow....But then I have been aiming at Chartreuse....you know....that 1960's Avocado Green Yellow Kitchen color !!
SO....Green Yellow. I could NOT get that color by mixing 520nm +640nm...o, I was forced to switch to 532 nm !!...and 532nm mixed with 640nm does deliver Green Yellow !
Thank God Paul....You should see the finished build ….soon !!
After this is done.....I will return to the Synethesia build. My new Logan Lathe will machine the CU Heat Sink with ease.

Thanx Paul,
Later,
CDB

Well...Finally got the H-BE unit re-machined to accommodate the longer Optics train... See pics.... Thankfully....I have more free time in the late Fall, Winter and early Spring....SO....Maybe I get this thing DONE !! I have surly learned some lessons !! Maybe the lessons learned will apply to future Builds....Like EIGHT (8) x LD7475 build.... I'm gonna need a bigger BOX !!! CDB

Added pic with drawing 1 and 2.

Attachments

• CC Modified H-BE Pic1.jpg
    CC Modified H-BE Pic1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 8
  • CC Modifioed H-BE Apart Pic 2.jpg
    CC Modifioed H-BE Apart Pic 2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 8
  • CHC-H-BE Detail @ 532   V3.JPG
    CHC-H-BE Detail @ 532 V3.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 8
  • CC PPopulated H-BE 1.jpg