Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

the burning lasers are still produced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tic

Hello everyone, a while ago I bought a laser 301 in which there was written in the description that burned .. I do not understand much, when I got the laser, I noticed that it was different from the one in the picture, had no label warning, you unscrewed the front part differently and you could not focus .. was similar but different ... (then I broke after 5 minutes) ... now I just got a "303 laser". It was written that this also had to burn, but that does not even do anything, it does not feel just heat ... but I still see videos of 1/2 years ago of people with lasers 301 and 303 burning matches, balloons, scotch etc. I would like to know if those who burn no longer exist, or because those I buy do not burn even though there is written .. help haha, sorry for my bad English :cryyy:

Tic

I tried, I even bet on my lips to see if you also feel a minimum of heat but nothing ... two lasers that I bought to burn, even the small things, not even one worked :(

Gazen

Welcome

As alien said, have to focus it, if it is focusable, which it may not be. Check if you can twist the front, moving the lens.

If you are planning on burning, you ABSOLUTELY MUST have safety goggles, or you could severely damage your eyes

Stay safe, and welcome :)

Edit: Don’t try to burn yourself lol. I pray that you had safety goggles on when you pointed it right at your face...

Last edited:

Tic

ehm... I had not at that time haha, from now on I will always put, things apart, this laser is not focusable ... with the maximum focus I can not do anything anyway, if I turn the screw in front of the beam widens

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I don't recommend the lip method. Please don't do that.
Are the batteries fresh when you've tried to burn. I have a 302 laser and when on freshly charged batteries, it will after a few seconds start leaving marks on black plastic without focusing.

GSS

I don't recommend the lip method. Please don't do that.
Are the batteries fresh when you've tried to burn. I have a 302 laser and when on freshly charged batteries, it will after a few seconds start leaving marks on black plastic without focusing.
It is a focusable laser as he said the beam widens when he screw the knob.
Can someone show him a link on how to fine focus it a few inches from the tip..

Encap

Please make a Welcome thread in the Welcome sub-forum telling something about yourself and location of the planet.

You can't expect a lot from a lowest quality lowest price mass produced by many different factories generic laser 301, 302, 303, 304, or 305 Output can very widely.
What do you expect from a laser that cost about as much as a good cup of coffee?
Sanwu sells a 100mW metered output focusable laser 304 that will cut electrical tape and pop balloons etc for $18 see Sanwu web site link below

Next time get a better quality more powerful output good laser.
see: https://www.jetlasers.org/
and https://www.sanwulasers.org/

PS A laser beam has no temperature - there is no inherent "temperature" to a laser beam. Heat is the random motion of matter particles (atomic or molecular particles).
A laser beam itself is not made of matter but of photons, which have no mass, thus a laser beam can have no temperature.
"Heat" is caused by a laser beams energy being absorbed by a materials surface and turning light energy into heat energy.

Last edited:
That is the second time I have read about a member testing a laser on his lips..

NOT SMART.

I call that the 'Lipness' test--lol

to the OP
You are too concerned with burning anything.
I sense you are 'young' & I hope you going to 'grow' out of that.
I feel no matter what you will not give this up nor will you buy glasses to protect your eyes
However--get a 405nm (violet or blue) 501
make a match black w/ a sharpie
hold any lens between the laser and the match.
use the lens to make the dot as small as possible.
all this needs to be done in a way that keeps everything fixed.

these lasers stop working if you run it too long--a 'duty/rest' cycle like 1 min on then 3 min off.
That will prtect your laser from too much heat--that is how you ruined your other laser.

RULES
NEVER allow anyone else to use your laser like a toy.
NEVER take your laser to school
NEVER shine on people, cars or anything especially outdoors at night.
YOU RISK BEING ARRESTED OR WORSE.
SINCE LASERS ARE SOMETIMES ATTACHED TO GUNS YOU RISK BEING SHOT BY ANYONE WHO SEES YOU AS A RISK TO THEM.

ALSO
Please finish your profile.
by doing that we will know where you are and an experienced member who speaks your language will contact you and answer all your questions.

MOST IMPORTANT--be safe.

everything you have posted tells us that you are being very careless and are a danger to all including yourself

hak

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It is a focusable laser as he said the beam widens when he screw the knob.
Can someone show him a link on how to fine focus it a few inches from the tip..

I was just making a point that one of those cheap lasers is capable of slight burning without the need of focusing, let alone focused.

We shouldn't have to provide any links to it as you should be able to focus the laser very easily. :whistle:

Last edited:

Encap

That is the second time I have read about a member testing a laser on his lips..

NOT SMART.

I call that the 'Lipness' test--lol

to the OP
You are too concerned with burning anything.
I sense you are 'young' & I hope you going to 'grow' out of that.
I feel no matter what you will not give this up nor will you buy glasses to protect your eyes
However--get a 405nm (violet or blue) 501
make a match black w/ a sharpie
hold any lens between the laser and the match.
use the lens to make the dot as small as possible.
all this needs to be done in a way that keeps everything fixed.

these lasers stop working if you run it too long--a 'duty/rest' cycle like 1 min on then 3 min off.
That will prtect your laser from too much heat--that is how you ruined your other laser.

RULES
NEVER allow anyone else to use your laser like a toy.
NEVER take your laser to school
NEVER shine on people, cars or anything especially outdoors at night.
YOU RISK BEING ARRESTED OR WORSE.
SINCE LASERS ARE SOMETIMES ATTACHED TO GUNS YOU RISK BEING SHOT BY ANYONE WHO SEES YOU AS A RISK TO THEM.

ALSO
Please finish your profile.
by doing that we will know where you are and an experienced member who speaks your language will contact you and answer all your questions.

MOST IMPORTANT--be safe.

everything you have posted tells us that you are being very careless and are a danger to all including yourself

hak

Exactly--testing a laser on your lips is "nuts" which is another place you can test it on that is not recommended. :crackup:

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

GSS

I was just making a point that one of those cheap lasers is capable of slight burning without the need of focusing, let alone focused.

We shouldn't have to provide any links to it as you should be able to focus the laser very easily. :whistle:
Gotcha;)
I'm just tired and leery of this one..

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
No problem Peter. :) I'm also suspecting a young member here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.