Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thanks for the links....

GSS

I lost somehow my canister of liquid flux.
No Home Depot, Lowe's or even Ace Hardware seems to carry anything other than plumber's flux.. I'm so tired of searching online and getting ready for checkout only to see most of them "seem" only to be for copper piping. It doesn't help I want a small amount and don't want to pay much as I don't really solder to much.
They are out there and i'm getting popups like crazy from looking but can't make my mind up.:(
Can someone please do me a solid and link something from online. Something from around $5 to $10 in a minimal size..

Always used liquid flux-pens from companies like MG Chemicals. You may have better luck finding such a thing from a component distributor such as Mouser/Farnell/DigiKey etc.

I order a lot from similar distributors in the UK but I'd not be sure which would be the best for you on the east coast US, so haven't linked any from them. Here's a link from Amazon.com.

GSS

That pen flux dispenser just might work.. Is it a brush apply type tip?

Not sure about that one as it's a brand I've not used - but it looks like a fibre tip, like a marker pen. Same as the ones I usually use from UK distributors. More flux comes out than ink from a marker though. I like them cause they're really directed - much less wasteful than the syringe types, and they tend to come in no-clean rosin free versions.

Reactions: GSS

Anthony P

Marlin P Jones & Associates MPJA.com sells small bottles of MG rosin flux.

I have a couple ounces of liquid flux just sitting on my bench. It is likely the same stuff BowtieGuy has. If that doesn't work out for you PM me and I can send you some, but you'll have to pay shipping as this has been a bad month for me already. :(

GSS

Thanx Paul for the offer and maby i'll hit you up on it but yup Jeff sent me a bottle quickly I must say;) yesterday and the little soldering I do it should be fine.
Red, the one place I didn't look of all places was Ebay:rolleyes: Wasn't to keen or sure of them in the first place plus alot of the reviews on Amazon mentioned counter fit products from them but that link you gave is loaded..:)

Last edited:
I'm glad you got what you needed, Peter. Just wanted you to have a backup plan if this one failed. But, Jeff is a very reliable guy, so I had a feeling it would work out well for you. ;)