Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Testing Output Voltage of a Flexdrive

jayrob

Sure sounds like a battery issue... I have had batteries that read full voltage, but then can't handle any load. By chance, are these 'new' batteries that you tried, ones that you have had a while? Still new in the package, but maybe sitting a long time?

I would think that it is not the driver. But that is only because I tested the driver. And I have set probably 300 Flexdrives...

If the driver is bad, then it must have got damaged some how. I wouldn't think that using another battery in series with the 3 volt lithium could damage it, but then again, I have never tried this kind of thing.

Maybe the diode pins got pushed into it??

But even with the things you mentioned, I would not suspect the driver first.

I would first check the battery, then test the driver, then test the diode. In that order.

Last edited:

I just bought a brand new Energizer battery that expires 2015 and tested it with that... Nothing, no light at all. Where do I go from here. How should I test the driver? Just get a new one and install the new driver?

drlava

It could be that the FlexDrive has gotten damaged. Although it's very unlikely that it would not be able to boost AND somehow without boosting damaged your diode. You can mail it to me and I'll check it out for you.

Well if it just isnt able to power the diode then that would be great. I would hopefully have a working GGW then. I will take you up on that. Your knowledge far surpasses mine in this area. PM Sent.