Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Testing mW?

How can I test what mW my laser is outputting without a laser power meter?

Is there maybe something I can compare it to? Such as like length of time it takes to burn a match, etc? Or is that not gonna be very accurate?

the only really accurate way to know the power is to buy an LPM. Or if you don't want to spend that much money on an LPM you can send it to a member who owns one for less than 15 bucks. If your laser can light a match without a lens it is probably 90mw+

Well I'm getting a 100 mW so it should work without a problem. I don't have money for a power meter so I can't get one.

How can I test what mW my laser is outputting without a laser power meter?

Is there maybe something I can compare it to? Such as like length of time it takes to burn a match, etc? Or is that not gonna be very accurate?

You can't...
It's like trying to get the accurate speed of your car by
sticking a wet finger out the window.
You need a calibrated Speedometer.

Well I'm getting a 100 mW so it should work without a problem. I don't have money for a power meter so I can't get one.

I hope you got appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses
for that High Powered 100mW Laser...:whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:

DrSid

Just an idea .. do some burning, record it, upload to youtube, and experts here will tell you their impressions. And yeah, get some goggles. Especially for burning.

Yea I ordered goggles with it, dont worry. I've seen video after video of kids playing around with ones such as the Dragon Lasers 1w blue laser and not wearing any goggles.

The glasses I ordered on T-REX 532nm/445nm laser green blue saftey goggles.

Yea I ordered goggles with it, dont worry. I've seen video after video of kids playing around with ones such as the Dragon Lasers 1w blue laser and not wearing any goggles.

The glasses I ordered on T-REX 532nm/445nm laser green blue saftey goggles.

The T-REX goggles are very bad, I don't recommend it.

If you can, buy something better,

your eyes are at stake.

Last edited:

fergie

hello , one way to test your mW is by plugging it directly to the socket or other way by using a battery of 500 K . led lights

I asked exactly the same quesion here.

The replies I got are what finally drove me to get a LPM.

So...

Contact Jerry and get yourself a LPM.

Last edited: