Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tell me what I am looking for ?

Bken

Hi, I need to pick your brains, can you tell me what hardware will get this job done.
I need to project a thin light beam onto the ground ( only approx 6 ft. ) it must be visible during bright daylight and it cannot be dangerous to the naked eye. The device must also be very small. Any ideas ?? I'd appreciate your help.

What are the planned uses of such device? Power affect brightness and so in bright sunlight probably won't work.

Hi, I need to pick your brains, can you tell me what hardware will get this job done.
I need to project a thin light beam onto the ground ( only approx 6 ft. ) it must be visible during bright daylight and it cannot be dangerous to the naked eye. The device must also be very small. Any ideas ?? I'd appreciate your help.

What do you mean thin light beam? A dot? A line? or something else? To be visible during bright daylight you will need a powerful green laser and it will be dangerous to the naked eye and the beam wont be visible in bright daylight but the dot or line can be, other than that it shouldn't be a problem. If you want the beam visible in bright daylight your talking about something very powerful and very expensive.

Alan

Bken

Can't say what it's for at this stage but I definitely will later. It only has to be visible from approx 6 ft., that is the main criteria and that it is not harmful to the eye. Thanks.

Bken

The beam itself doesn't need to be visible, just the projection on the ground and a line or series of lines, possibly intersecting would be perfect.

OK a line or cross or even a grid is possible from one small laser module. It probably wouldn't need to be too powerful at 6 ft. but not sure in bright daylight.

Bken

Give me something to work with, I can test it and let you know how I get on ! Remember must be small and relatively cheap. Does it need to be a laser ?

Well its hard to advise you without knowing more. Do you have some electronics ability or do you need a complete item? If you need it small and cheap maybe you should just get some small module and lens and put something together yourself. Hopefully some more people will comment here and help you. Try browsing this site to see if you see anything interesting: www.aixiz.net you can also get lasers with lenses like this: 5 lens handheld laser projector and laser pointer dual action, AixiZ You can find more stuff and often cheaper on Amazon and ebay and other places. I am thinking you need something 532nm green but maybe 635nm red is possible, 650nm red wouldn't be bright enough. The green don't usually come in a standard Aixiz 12x30mm module so they don't use the same interchangeable lenses but you can get one that's a line or a cross instead of a dot.

Bken

Thanks, I'll check that out and get back to you. Again thanks for the help