Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Telescopes - anyone has experience?

Heleno

Hi!
i am a complete newb about telescopes! i didn't even read anything about them!
this is actually the problem:
i want to find a place where i can gather data about telescopes...
something like Telescope pointer forums - ehhh... bad joke.
but really:
i want to find a place with lots of details about telescopes.
a wikia, a forum, anything.
can someone give me a hint on this one?
thx!
bye!
Heleno

kiyoukan

i have built a few, i built the nice old fashion reflector kind.
Are you looking to build one or just want to know how the optics work?

Hi!
i am a complete newb about telescopes! i didn't even read anything about them!
this is actually the problem:
i want to find a place where i can gather data about telescopes...
something like Telescope pointer forums - ehhh... bad joke.
but really:
i want to find a place with lots of details about telescopes.
a wikia, a forum, anything.
can someone give me a hint on this one?
thx!
bye!
Heleno
You're a moron. Try Goggle, I found 10 forums on the first page alone. Stop trolling this forum with stupid questions you can find yourself.

Heleno

i have built a few, i built the nice old fashion reflector kind.
Are you looking to build one or just want to know how the optics work?
Oh, i was just interested in buying one! the optics is simple - i mean - we have wikipedia, eh?

You're a moron. Try Goggle, I found 10 forums on the first page alone. Stop trolling this forum with stupid questions you can find yourself.
I'm sorry.
you found interesting stuff on google?
i just found these 2 pages:
Cloudy night telescope reviews
Telescope junkies

However, i cannot judge myself if these foruns do, or do not have good information.

So i came to the OFF TOPIC session of LPF, where i expected to start a nice and friendly thread. But the fact is that since i created my account in LPF in mars, friendly is the worst adverb to use towards LPF... what a shame.

sometimes it seems like when we speak our minds, we get -rep here. Now, you really think this is fair and nice and it is ok? Now if i go around cheering and clapping around everyone like a pet-monkey, then i get +123rep! I don't think this is quite correct...

And still about the telescopes, i didn't even ask questions about it, because i feared they could say it was not the right place to discuss it! so i just asked for directions. I wonder, if beyond the shield of anonymity, in the street, e.g.; if someone asks about a given street, any of LPF members would say : "You are stupid. why don't you have a map!?" I guess in face-to-face situations people are a bit more polite. I even try my best in this point - my avatar is a photo of myself - but seems that was cheap trick, didn't work.

eh - sorry i made a long post with only 2 links, but that's what i found - if someone could comment on them, and post some other new ones, this topic would not be just a total waste. Or, in the best situation, we would avoid starting a flame-war henceforth...

Cheering LMAO. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell I'm as far from forum etiquette as one could get without being banned. If I dint troll here, my points would be in the 200's by now. I dont really care about points, and I tell people I dont need them all the time.

To repeat myself....

Type in 'telescope forums' in google, and a plethora of forums will load with more info than you can digest in a year. It does not take a scientist to figure this out. If you cant handle that simple task, then you are wasting your time here.

Dr_Evil

I guess I'll be one of the helpful ones here. I also prefer to ask around to see if anybody knows which forums are good for specific stuff. I've joined some crappy forums before so I try to find out which ones are good first.

I found http://www.astronomyforum.net. They seem to be very helpful so far. I've been wanting a good telescope lately for astrophotography. A friend of mine had one that wasn't being used much so I tried doing some research first. That is one of the few forums that had anything about that particular scope. I got the scope and they recommended some upgrades for it such as a better tripod that is motorized.

I hope you find what you want.

PS - JayRob might chime in here.

Heleno

Thanks! i had already lost faith in this topic! i´m trying your link now!
regards!