Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Techlasers affiliated with Wicked

Daedal

Man... this is a bunch of bull! :-/ Wicked has gone too far! :mad:

--DDL

Daedal said:
Man... this is a bunch of bull!  :-/  Wicked has gone too far!  :mad:

--DDL

Yep, you got it. They've got another thread on it here: http://www.lasercommunity.com/techlasers-t15356.html. I posted a link to the other techlasers post on here at LC. Surprise, surprise it was deleted, so that tells me pretty much without a doubt they ARE affiliated. So just what Companies can or can't you say on LC ????? Talk about "Rafferty's Rules" !!!

I still don't know why experienced members still stay there, they can only posts about Wicked lasers and that's in a good way. Maybe after a while they'll come over here and really be able to talk about good quality lasers.

S

SenKat

styropyro said:
I still don't know why experienced members still stay there, they can only posts about Wicked lasers and that's in a good way. Maybe after a while they'll come over here and really be able to talk about good quality lasers.

Yeah, because they for damned sure cannot discuss anything with quality at present ! LOL !!!

G !

SenKat said:
[quote author=styropyro link=1188759895/0#5 date=1188834686]I still don't know why experienced members still stay there, they can only posts about Wicked lasers and that's in a good way. Maybe after a while they'll come over here and really be able to talk about good quality lasers.

Yeah, because they for damned sure cannot discuss anything with quality at present ! LOL !!!

G ![/quote]
For all we know LC is probably going to have a new rule sating "Only lower quality lasers can be discussed here, if the laser product being discussed get's RMA'ed by the customer on less than 50% of the sales it should be reffered to as 'another higher quality laser product'."

Well I just got this from the horses mouth:

WickedLasers
Phoenix Laser

Movie(s): 3

Posted: 9/03/07, 9:52 AM    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an affiliate of Wicked Lasers, the Techlasers brand and it's accompanying product names are allowed to be used and posted on Laser Community.

Wicked Lasers

Which was in response to my question:

Morepower!
Wicked Lasers God

Posted: 9/03/07, 7:17 AM    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what the hell is going on ???? Can you say "another laser company" or not ??? WHY can techlasers be posted here ?? Is techlasers WL ?? Why was the link edited out of my previous post ??? It didn't mention "another laser company" other than the one that seems to be allowed here in this thread !!!! There seems to be some sneaky, sly, confusing crap going on here.

618mW(peak) 565mW(avg) 532nM AWESOME LASER(ALC) !!
88mW(tested) 532nM CNI Fusion(dud) !!
10mW (untested) 532nM Jaycar Module
150mW(untested) 650nM Pulsar
130mW(untested) 655nM Multi-Diode Thingy
400mW(untested) 808nM IR Pointer

While I agree with some of what you are saying the problem is that the stated power is not measured the same way by all Laser Companies and this is where you can easily get ripped off.  If you don't own a power meter there is no way to know if you got what you paid for.  SOME Laser Co's are taking advantage of this and are making big dollars selling an 85mW laser as a 125mW laser for example.  If an 85mW laser is selling for say $200 and a 125mW laser is selling for say $500 then a disshonest or uncareing Co. can easily STEAL $300 from an unsuspecting buyer !!!  So as you can see it would be easy to sell a 125mW(stated not actual) power laser for an 85mW price.  The unfortunate thing here is that the visual difference between the two powers is reasonably minimal( it takes 4 x the output power to produce a beam that is twice as bright) which only makes it easier to get away with it.  I personally bought a SUPPOSED 125mW Fusion from WL for $499.00 over 12 months ago, I just recently bought a Lasercheck power meter and with NEW lithium batteries the HIGHEST reading I got was 88mW's !!!  Even I was under the impression it was putting out at least over 100mW, but it seems I was wrong !!  WL swears blind they test these Lasers before they leave the factory. So did they purposely rip me off ???  If they indeed tested it they bloody well did !!!

I hope this sheds a little light on it all for you.

S

SenKat

lasamania said:
ok, this goes out to all the laser experts out there.  I just want to clear up some things before I finally make my purchase. If all the lasers come from CNI, whats the difference between lasers from Dragon Lasers, Nova Lasers, Laser Glow, and Techlasers? I mean, these companies just buy them bulk from CNI and then sell it to us right? It's not like cars where the designs are the same but are made from different factories.  Every laser they sell all come from the same source (same factory) and the only difference is price and customer service. What's the deal with people saying one laser company's laser is better than another? It's all the same.  So in reality, there shouldn't be posts saying you've reviewed a NOVA x85, Viper 75mW, or an Infinity 75mW because it's all the same.  It should read, I just reviewed a CNI GLP 80mW laser.  I'm no expert, but what I'm saying should be true, please tell me if I'm not.

I don't see where all this hate is coming from but all you people have to say is that this laser company sucks and that one sucks but don't you realize all the lasers come from the same place? Anyway, if you want a laser, just find a company that sells them for the cheapest. It's a matter of making more or less for the company.  I assume that this techlasers is out for war since their pricing is way lower (which is excellent for us).  I think Wicked is smart for making techlasers an associate just so they can piss everyone else off.  If you think deeper, Wicked now sells also every laser out there excluding those ebay things. I think they even carry the RPLs?

I've read some pretty good and pretty bad reviews about Wicked but one thing is certain, they have excellent customer support.  My guess is that only people that RMA make a big fuss about it so if they sell 100 lasers and 5 people RMA, it's only 5% which sounds pretty normal.  Out of the 5 people that RMA, probably 2 broke it themselves.  ;D

anyways, I see a price war about to happen. WAR WAR WAR!! lower those prices!! go techlasers go!! The lower you go, the lower Dragon and Nova and Laserglow will go until lasers start selling for $5 each.  Dont' worry guys, this should be happening soon...I can feel it!  

Well, THIS is quite a long post from a spamming scammer like this ! LOL WOW !!! All, I encourage EVERYONE to go back, and find my last 6 or so posts to read (please see if you can read them in the order this clown posted in, starting with his HI HI HI post in the welcome section !) all the posts I have made in response to this idiot. He is a self proclaimed newbie in one breath - the next he is an optics professor, teaching physics, and has reviewed lasers for Wicked, Nova, and Dragon. WOW !!! WHAT A RESUME ! hahahahaha....anyways...buh-bye, loser.

Greg

Again...check out my earlier post. in the welcome section under, HI HI HI !..I am quoting all of his posts so there is a record of his idiocy, not to mention his identity crisis ! LOL

I should have quoted the dickhead, it looks like I responded to no-one. Can I assume he deleted his post himself ??  Anyway I was responding to this:

Quote from lasamania on Today at 4:07pm:
ok, this goes out to all the laser experts out there.  I just want to clear up some things before I finally make my purchase. If all the lasers come from CNI, whats the difference between lasers from Dragon Lasers, Nova Lasers, Laser Glow, and Techlasers? I mean, these companies just buy them bulk from CNI and then sell it to us right? It's not like cars where the designs are the same but are made from different factories.  Every laser they sell all come from the same source (same factory) and the only difference is price and customer service. What's the deal with people saying one laser company's laser is better than another? It's all the same.  So in reality, there shouldn't be posts saying you've reviewed a NOVA x85, Viper 75mW, or an Infinity 75mW because it's all the same.  It should read, I just reviewed a CNI GLP 80mW laser.  I'm no expert, but what I'm saying should be true, please tell me if I'm not.

I don't see where all this hate is coming from but all you people have to say is that this laser company sucks and that one sucks but don't you realize all the lasers come from the same place? Anyway, if you want a laser, just find a company that sells them for the cheapest. It's a matter of making more or less for the company.  I assume that this techlasers is out for war since their pricing is way lower (which is excellent for us).  I think Wicked is smart for making techlasers an associate just so they can piss everyone else off.  If you think deeper, Wicked now sells also every laser out there excluding those ebay things. I think they even carry the RPLs?

I've read some pretty good and pretty bad reviews about Wicked but one thing is certain, they have excellent customer support.  My guess is that only people that RMA make a big fuss about it so if they sell 100 lasers and 5 people RMA, it's only 5% which sounds pretty normal.  Out of the 5 people that RMA, probably 2 broke it themselves.  

anyways, I see a price war about to happen. WAR WAR WAR!! lower those prices!! go techlasers go!! The lower you go, the lower Dragon and Nova and Laserglow will go until lasers start selling for $5 each.  Dont' worry guys, this should be happening soon...I can feel it!

P.S. I think he's feeling it alright  ;D

S

SenKat

Morepower - that clown went from a noob to a physics professor with a degree in photonics overnight....he was a spamming scammer with multiple IP's to try to hide his duplicity...if you want to see the other rediculous posts he has made, check the history of my posts, as I quoted all of them prior to deleting his posts, and banning his simple minded jerk of a user. Okay, that sentence made no sense ! He is gone now, banned, etc... LOL

Greg

SenKat said:
Morepower - that clown went from a noob to a physics professor with a degree in photonics overnight....he was a spamming scammer with multiple IP's to try to hide his duplicity...if you want to see the other rediculous posts he has made, check the history of my posts, as I quoted all of them prior to deleting his posts, and banning his simple minded jerk of a user.  Okay, that sentence made no sense !  He is gone now, banned, etc... LOL

Greg

Ah, no probs Greg. I thought HE deleted it and I couldn't figure out why.

S

SenKat

LOL !! Nope, it was me....if I nab someone doing "evil" on the forum - I generally try to leave behind a record of their wrongdoings to a certain extent....that is why I quoted him so others can see why he was exterminated like a vermin :)