Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Techhood Yellow laser module

I really hope no one on here has already mentioned this. I know a lot of people like Techhood and they have really good feedback so I figured id share what I just found on Ebay, I was searching for parts to start building my Pink or Magenta Laser module and stumbled on this 638nm+520nm module which actually good like its pretty decent quality :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/200mW-Yell...Laser-Diode-/142651270501?hash=item2136ada565

Last edited:

I saw those last week, they are cool. Techhood is probably OK, I've seen some grumble about errors in shipping or a failure, but he's always corrected the problem, when ever that had happened. He's really the only China laser parts/modules seller I'd buy from.

For the same amount of money, you can get a real yellow 575nm laser. I have a 300 mW Laserlands RGB module with driver. I paid $46.00 for mine. I built a PWM that runs at 2.4 kHz to control all three outputs using the TTL inputs on the driver board. The yellow it puts out is not anything like a true yellow laser though.

Last edited:
I saw those last week, they are cool. Techhood is probably OK, I've seen some grumble about errors in shipping or a failure, but he's always corrected the problem, when ever that had happened. He's really the only China laser parts/modules seller I'd buy from.

thats certainly good to hear :D I truthfully have never messed with them, but Techhood and Laserlands I know are pretty decent.

Laserlands I stopped buying from after too many of the things I bought were found to have very innacurate performance claims, after seeing what they were doing, I put that in feedback on their account, they then promptly black listed me. Since they lied so much back then, I guess they don’t want to risk another black eye from me. How have they been doing these days? Cleaned up their act yet?

I have had only good experiences with them recently. Bought a few RGB lasers from them. They were all good and very good values, too. I suggest buying from their site instead of eBay.

Last edited:
Good, they sure were dooming poor business practices back in 2015.

Benm

Looking at the pictures it seems they kept it simple and got the construction of the laser mount and beam combiner right. I have no idea how good the diodes and alignment actually are but it looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Also the output power mentioned is realistic, which is always a good start from anything like that. Not sure on how these actually measure up, but i don't think they are "chinese milliwats" ;)

For the same amount of money, you can get a real yellow 575nm laser. I have a 300 mW Laserlands RGB module with driver. I paid $46.00 for mine. I built a PWM that runs at 2.4 kHz to control all three outputs using the TTL inputs on the driver board. The yellow it puts out is not anything like a true yellow laser though.
yeah that's true, the 575 is not only is a better deal but its a better WL.

Laserlands I stopped buying from after too many of the things I bought were found to have very innacurate performance claims, after seeing what they were doing, I put that in feedback on their account, they then promptly black listed me. Since they lied so much back then, I guess they don’t want to risk another black eye from me. How have they been doing these days? Cleaned up their act yet?
I have actually no idea lol. im always a little skeptical buying from a Chinese company like this because I always feel its a hit and miss. I had no idea you had all this happen to you from them, yikes hopefully they have changed their ways.

Looking at the pictures it seems they kept it simple and got the construction of the laser mount and beam combiner right. I have no idea how good the diodes and alignment actually are but it looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Also the output power mentioned is realistic, which is always a good start from anything like that. Not sure on how these actually measure up, but i don't think they are "chinese milliwats" ;)
"Chinese milliwatts" :crackup: I think youre right.
quite frankly their are far too many different modules I want and little money I have to spend :( I swear its like every laser I come across, I want it! :wave: