Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Techhood are incompetent imbeciles, I cannot do business with.

Anxiously wait for a week to get a DHL overnight from China, only to find my order messed up. :( 3.8mm diodes, 5.6mm hosts, missing driver boards.. I can't install 3.8mm diodes into 5.6mm hosts! and even if I could.. I paid for 3 drivers, got one. rant over.... Oh.. and I paid for brass hosts and got this instead. (TO-18 diode for illustration. My new Osram is too small.

Attachments

• 0101010101host.jpg
    0101010101host.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 26

What color is it?

I'd complain to the seller, probably a mixed up order.

What color is it?

I'd complain to the seller, probably a mixed up order.

I complained to the seller. ;) and I already have 520 lasers.. I'm just disappointed. Techhood has a lot of really great listings, but if they screw up orders that I pay overnight shipping for, it rattles my confidence in giving them lots of money. My next order from them was going to be a couple RGB units. I want to see how they handle this before I buy 2 RGB units from them.

What's the hurry? DHL tends to be 3 days from china with the best case standard speed scenario being 1 day due to time zone change, and fast processing. They oughtta give free shipping when they fix the mistake.

So from October 29th to November 12, they replaced the inner host of the lab heat sink with the correct part for my Osram PL-520 diode, but forgot the driver circuit and have only just now today shipped them, AFTER I threaten to complain to Paypal. I ordered all the parts to accompany my diode auction win, and have still not been able to see it work. Meanwhile, "Laserland" in China sends perfect orders, with cheap fast shipping..... No more money to Techhood from me.

jnrpop

Sorry to hear, I guess it happens from time to time :confused: Over the years I could only guess I've ordered over 50 times from them, never ever had an issue, even got a few bonuses ;), I get packages in 10 days or less to the EU using their standard free postage, great company in my mind.....but communication with them can be abit stressful at times, id call it hit or miss with emails. I believe there is still abit of a language barrier when messaging in English :coffee:

Their sales engineer is named Robinson, but I think many people there respond to or sign that as their name. I have had nothing but good experiences with Techhood and their other companies. I have also had good luck with Laserlands over the years. I am sorry they screwed up your order so badly and still haven't gotten it right for you. BTW, use laserland.net to purchase items from them as it is far cheaper for the same items on eBay.

Their sales engineer is named Robinson, but I think many people there respond to or sign that as their name. I have had nothing but good experiences with Techhood and their other companies. I have also had good luck with Laserlands over the years. I am sorry they screwed up your order so badly and still haven't gotten it right for you. BTW, use laserland.net to purchase items from them as it is far cheaper for the same items on eBay.

Robinson and Ringo are the names. They have since extended a 10 dollar credit to make up for the mistakes. I am glad I waited to cool off before leaving feedback. I didn't leave a glowing review, but I didn't try to paint them as ass holes either.

I have never heard of Ringo on that site, but it is fortunate that you didn't leave really bad feedback as they will cut you off from buying from them. They take that feedback very seriously. I saw an RGB laser on Newgazer's site today for $55.00 for a 500 mW using 520nm and 635nm. With your $10.00 coupon you could get it for $45.00. It comes with a driver too.

I buy a lot from techhood/newgazer/existotem and aside from a couple of diodes with dirty windows most are very good and I get them at very good prices, so I am pleased with my purchases for the most part.

However don't buy the Chinese red copper modules as they don't move heat worth a dam.

I've bought quite a few LDs from them in the past
and haven't had any issues either. Luck of the draw
I guess.

Jerry

Three or four years ago they had brand new Nichi@ M140 diodes with full length pins and no solder. I bought five of them at that time at $40.00 each, which was a discounted price. Never did get the actual part number for them, but they were great diodes and I put everyone of them into an MS Envy for a guy who wanted five of them. My pont is that I, too, have had only good luck with LD purchases from Techhood and their other companies.