Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

tech lasers

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey guys, i found this site http://www.techlasers.com

$299 for a 200mw green laser looks like a really good deal

the prices on blue seem pretty good too

just thought id share this find

-ave

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
interesting, yeah kind of suspicious.

xgeek

Hmm I am tempted by the 200mW green. Was going for a Nova Alpha 105 but so far Nova have not replied to my emails so I have held off :(

lasamania said:
wow...I just looked through the site! they have GOOD prices.  

Ok, so here's the deal.  I know people say this site is a scam and all but has anyone bought from them? I mean, you never know unless you try right? I have about 300 bucks to spend on a laser and if those are the prices i wouldn't mind buying from them.  btw, I really don't feel like being the guinny pig.  So if anyone has purchased from them and know this is a scam for sure, please spit it out now.  This way, I can forget about this site.  But what if it's the real deal...I don't want to miss out on the deal!  

Well, the thing is that the products they are offering are common products from a common manufacturer. Laserglow and novalasers come to mind as major resellers of the exact same lasers. I too order some of these lasers here and there, and have owned at least one of a good portion of the portables on the site. The power figures they quote are downright laughable, as well as the prices.

Sure, I guess without personally buying one and testing it on my meter I cannot say with 100% confidence that they do not offer 500mW PGL-III green units at <$2k, but the way I see it: if 99.9% is good enough for bars of silver and gold, its good enough for me to call this site BS.

That said, its your money and the decision is entirely yours. All I'm offering is my stern warning, and a guarantee that I will not be the guinea pig out of my own pocket.

Sorry! I know the price makes it tempting to just wanna try anyway, but when something seems too good to be true...

xgeek

Yeah I see what you mean.

I was looking at the lowest spec green unit the 200mW one and I am not sure how under powered that could be.
I mean if I went for a Nova Alpha 105 for $289 and I was lucky and it put out say 120mW that would be great. If I went for the 200mW one from TechLaser and it only averaged at 140mW that would still be better than the Nova and only $10 more :-?

I guess they could keep my money and not send me anything at worst case LOL
I have emailed them and am waiting to see what the answers are to my questions before deciding. I don't want to get burned by anything other than the laser ;D

S

SenKat

lasamania said:
wow...I just looked through the site! they have GOOD prices.  

Ok, so here's the deal.  I know people say this site is a scam and all but has anyone bought from them? I mean, you never know unless you try right? I have about 300 bucks to spend on a laser and if those are the prices i wouldn't mind buying from them.  btw, I really don't feel like being the guinny pig.  So if anyone has purchased from them and know this is a scam for sure, please spit it out now.  This way, I can forget about this site.  But what if it's the real deal...I don't want to miss out on the deal!  

Again...check out my earlier post. in the welcome section under, HI HI HI !..I am quoting all of his posts so there is a record of his idiocy, not to mention his identity crisis ! LOL

Greg