Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tactical High Energy Laser news, thought I'd share.

Santa better add it to my list of toys....

Depending on how fast this laser is capable of firing... next gen Iron Dome? Would be very good news for many nations. Using a laser as opposed to trying to hit a missile with a missile, seems like a winning proposition.

DrSid

Not bad not bad .. but megawatts are where the fun starts ..

Can't even imagine this hitting a huge polished iron ball thrown by the enemy and reflecting on unsuspecting citizens. Cool but a very bad idea.

Many of these working in conjunction = a winning proposition. We could have a missile shield that renders the ICBM obsolete overnight, and if they have a good fire rate they could essentially be used as projected energy barriers in the near future for ships and bases with the appropriate AI targeting.. And they're increasing in power all the time! ^_^ it really is Christmas, thanks Rheinmetall. :p

@Atomicrox: I'm sure there's a built in failsafe that only allows it to engage projectiles at a certain altitude. Al Queda isn't gonna throw a disco ball and screw us over.

Safe altitude? The thing cuts 15mm steel 1km away. NOHD for that is probably beyond space (100km).

And yes, if I knew a country had a thing like that and I wanted to screw them I'd throw a giant disco ball ;)

s_h22_hbgpat01.gif

It most certainly cannot pop a balloon.

Last edited:
It wouldn't "POP" a balloon, there wouldn't be enough TIME for it to pop!

T.