Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

swamidog makes the BBC

I was contacted by BBC (British Broadcasting Company) World News and asked for an interview about my laser petroglyph artwork. On Friday, April 15, BBC Producer Joanne Whalley and her crew met with me at Painted Rock Petroglyph Site in Arizona USA and then traveled to my house to continue the interview and film my process of converting petroglyph photographs into laser art. The interview will be aired on BBC World News in July.

My work centers around preservation and interpretation of petroglyphs using lasers and video projection. I have won seven international awards for my laser artwork and it will be available at SWAIA (Southwestern Association for Indian Arts) in Santa Fe in August.

Attachments

• lpf-01.jpg
    lpf-01.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 126
  • lpf-02.jpg
    lpf-02.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 125
  • lpf-03.jpg
    lpf-03.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 108
  • lpf-04.jpg
    lpf-04.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 119
  • lpf-05.jpg
    lpf-05.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 115
  • lpf-06.jpg
    lpf-06.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 106

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Congratulations Swami, very impressive, good job! :beer:

Rivem

Awesome! Will you be in Santa Fe with your art? I might have to check it out. If you ever find yourself in the Ancestral Puebloan lands, give me a holler. I might have to try this out myself as there are huge petroglyph walls near my hometown.

Awesome! Will you be in Santa Fe with your art? I might have to check it out. If you ever find yourself in the Ancestral Puebloan lands, give me a holler. I might have to try this out myself as there are huge petroglyph walls near my hometown.

i will be!

i'm moving to santa fe in the next month or so and just got the announcement that i was accepted in the the swaia indian market.

where's your hometown?

Rivem

i will be!

i'm moving to santa fe in the next month or so and just got the announcement that i was accepted in the the swaia indian market.

where's your hometown?

Awesome man. Now I won't be the lone active member in NM. I can probably actually stop by to check your stuff out too. Been to SWAIA a while ago, but it'll be awesome to see your stuff there.

As for the details on the petroglyph walls, PM sent.

That's really interesting. Using lasers for preservation sounds so cool. You got a link to the interview so I can find out more?

Last edited:
That's really interesting. Using lasers for preservation sounds so cool. You got a link to the interview so I can find out more?

i will provide a link when it airs in july. i think the bbc team is flying back to the uk today and it will take some time for editing.

Last edited: