Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Susie from O-Like

Ok SO!!!

Trying to get lasers into Australia. I've heard all this talk about O-Like.
But I need people to shine some light on the company, and the process of getting this Susie character to slip it through customs. I've heard allot of goods things about O-Like, but i've also heard that communication starts to die off after payment which unsettles me.

So here we go. how good is O-Like, how can i get a laser into Adelaide, and most importantly, what is the success rate of this company.

I'd greatly appreciate feedback from australians who have succeeded.

Many thanks in advance :)

ed69

Hi laserfetish,

I've gotten 5 lasers through them over the last 8 months and Im in Melbourne. No supplier is fool proof as i had a friend get his confiscated by customs by going through o-like just a few months ago.

Rayfoss is another one I have ordered from and have had success.

Oh and as most guys here will tell you don't forget to order safety goggles.

As ed69 said, there is no fool proof ways of importing a complete handheld laser.

Your best bet is to purchase in parts and assemble within Australia.

But Susie is always ready to talk. Add her on MSN or email her and you should receive an answer within 48 hours. I have bought a few parts off her... she hasn't let me down yet.

Also where are both you guys from?

Fiddy

yeah, Susie is pretty much is logged onto MSN everyday for like 8 hours minimum!

Cheers guys. This inspires quite a bit of confidence in me.
Also ed69, were there any repercussions for your friend being caught??

I've been told Susie can dismantle the laser and send it in multiple packages??? has anyone done this? Or is it just as safe and more convenient to receive it as a simple package?

ed69

My friend got a nice warning letter from customs and also has a record om thier files incase he tries to import any other banned items.

Payment methods that I've used in both o-like and Rayfoss have always been via PayPal.

Oh and bobhaha I'm from Melbourne.

They accept Paypal. Which I recommend.

I have also received a warning letter from Australian customs. It's basically a formal letter letting you know, that importing these items are illegal and that you should not try to import them again, or you could face legal action. There is a maximum fine of $110,000 or three times the price of the laser, which ever is greater, for importing a laser after the letter has been sent to you.

I highly recommend that you take the time and read up on how a laser works and how it can be safely used, then try and build one your self. It will be a much smarter move and is usually cheaper and better quality.

But that's my opinion... Do what ever makes you happy.
-Adrian

i wonder if having that on my record would affect my ability to get my Aviation security pass as you need to have no convictions :S

Fiddy

i wonder if having that on my record would affect my ability to get my Aviation security pass as you need to have no convictions :S

even more convincing to just build your own bruv :p

Last edited:

clif

Hey Fiddy maybe he can convince Susie to send him a light saber ey? ;)heeheehee

Last edited:

AUS

Last time I bought a complete pointer into the country was before the ban. But I have gotten heaps of diodes, laser heads, modules etc in without any problems. It's always a gamble though and you have to realize there is a possibiliy of them being seized.

I have heard of people having them seized before and they weren't charged. It might affect an ASIO job but probably not one for the aviation industry. If you're worried, put it in someone else's name.

As I do electronics for a living it's easier to build them myself. Someone here could probably help you with that if you didn't have the skills yourself..