Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival laser's tutorial video????

I have finally found the laser for me:) After long searching and painful effort for 3 months, I have decided to get this laser.. Survival Laser I 445nm Parts Bundle - Laser Components Only

Now the only problem I have is.. That I am quite clumsy and not to great with building things. (Especially when I understand only about %50 of what each thing does) lol. I would love it if someone could throw me a line of a video of how to put the diode/module in correctly, and also assembling the rest of the laser. I am getting this upgraded as much as i can, (except for the G1 lens) by getting the extended focus, the copper heat-sink, and a copper diode/module. (This would cost 249$(without shipping), but with the LPF discount, its only 223.64(without shipping) :D. Help would be appreciated by anyone!

EDIT! I HAVE SEEN THE HOW TO PDF FILE. I'm trying to get a video..

Last edited:

Have you seen the tutorial thread?

There's tons of pics that should help

Have you seen the tutorial thread?

There's tons of pics that should help

Are you referring to the PDF file that has the steps how to do it? Because it got me thinking about if i would be able to do it safely without ruining it :)

Thanks! I might get the laser, and add an extension tube to it, for longer lasting power.

If you can't understand the PDF, then I can maybe take mine apart and reassemble it to show you how :).

It's quite easy! Just go slow!

And BTW it's a GREAT laser, you won't regret buying it!

Last edited:
If you can't understand the PDF, then I can maybe take mine apart and reassemble it to show you how :).

It's quite easy! Just go slow!

And BTW it's a GREAT laser, you won't regret buying it!

lol if you do, there is a chance of you pulling the diode/module connection apart, and i wouldn't want to make you break your laser, because of my inability to do simply tasks. :(

ALSO, Do you know if it comes with battery/charger? and what kind of batterys?

Last edited:
lol if you do, there is a chance of you pulling the diode/module connection apart, and i wouldn't want to make you break your laser, because of my inability to do simply tasks. :(

ALSO, Do you know if it comes with battery/charger? and what kind of batterys?

The full package comes with 2x Juice RCR123A batteries, and a generic cheap charger.

Check the link in my sig for the review with some pics.

It's actually quite easy to dissemble-- remove lens, unscrew top ring, unscrew small nut inside heatsink, carefully pull heatsink up out of diode, unscrew heatsink assembly, unscrew diode assembly... And that's about it!

I was careful and assembled/tore down it several time to make sure I did it perfectly. As long as you are slow and careful, it's perfectly fine.

Last edited:
The full package comes with 2x Juice RCR123A batteries, and a generic cheap charger.

Check the link in my sig for the review with some pics.

It's actually quite easy to dissemble-- remove lens, unscrew top ring, unscrew small nut inside heatsink, carefully pull heatsink up out of diode, unscrew heatsink assembly, unscrew diode assembly... And that's about it!

I was careful and assembled/tore down it several time to make sure I did it perfectly. As long as you are slow and careful, it's perfectly fine.

I'd also love to see a video if you get the time to make one:)