Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Laser Eagle Pair Review 190-540/580-780

I wasn't expecting these until tomorrow, but the local post office has once again managed to get them here a day quicker :wave:

I've seen many people mentioning safety goggles aren't necessary for 100mW but since I haven't owned a high powered laser in a long time, and value my eyes I decided to dish out $42 and pick some up for my incoming labby!

Eagle Pair 190-400/580-780 OD 4+
10870-capture.png

Overview
Survival Lasers offers a line of protective safety goggles to protect you from dangerous laser radiation entering your eyes in case of accidental exposure. These particular goggles protect you from wavelengths of around ~190nm-~400nm/~580nm-~780nm, so basically UV lasers and a small part of the yellow spectrum, orange and red. These particular goggles have an OD rating of 4+ meaning it will make any Class IIIb safe and a small part of Class IV lasers safe(if they fall within the protected wavelengths).

Packaging
The goggles came in a well protected small envelope type package which effectively does it's job at protecting your goggles from any damage while in transport. Inside is a piece of paper quickly showing an overview of your purchase and the total amount paid, along with your goggles fit snugly inside a very nice "Eagle Pair" case.
10865-175.jpg
10866-176.jpg

Goggles/Case
Upon opening the case you are welcome at the wonderful sight of your eye saviors along with a nice cloth included to help protect your goggles. The goggles themselves are protected inside another layer of plastic to protect dust from accumulating.
10867-177.jpg
10868-178.jpg

Conclusion
I hope this short review(as there wasn't much to review) gave you a good overview on what to expect when buying these particular goggles from Survival Lasers. Honestly, if you are going to venture into the world of Class IIIb+ lasers spending $40-$50(depending on the version) is a small time investment that will last you for years and could possibly protect your eyes in case of a freak accident happening. APPROVED

Last edited:

Unfortunately, I don't have lasers with me to test these goggles but I will use them once my labby arrives, so you folks are stuck with a picture of me looking like a scientist.....ok the Aloha shirts kind of give it away :)

Did you order your white lab coat yet?

Alan

I have the same pair, and another to cover the other wavelengths. Love them, excellent investment for sure.

if you ever get a LPM you should update this thread with laser power measured through them to verify manufacturer's OD claims

Last edited:
^Will do, thanks folks! :)

PS: For a 100-200mW laser OD4+ makes it basically completely safe correct? Did some research and read it only transfers 0.0001% of the light or something around that.

-Alex

Last edited:

APEX1

I've ordered a few cool things in the last few days and in all honesty I'm more excited about the lab coat bahahaha

GSS

Yes he did :D

Agreed. They feel very comfortable and look professional ;)

-Alex
The Terminator!! I know others thought it but I said it first! Actualy the Terminator with an early Christmas gift. All serious its nice to have the best protection very nice purchase:yh:

The Terminator!! I know others thought it but I said it first! Actualy the Terminator with an early Christmas gift. All serious its nice to have the best protection very nice purchase:yh:

Thank you GSS! I'm sure these will be handy when I try burning of not with this laser, then others I may have in the future :)

-Alex

Did you order your white lab coat yet?

Alan

Haha, not yet I have not :beer:

-Alex

I've ordered a few cool things in the last few days and in all honesty I'm more excited about the lab coat bahahaha

They usually run large so you may need one that's one size smaller. They don't cost much, I think I paid $12.98 for mine. You may also want to get a pocket protector, they come in 3 packs real cheap. It will make you look like you're an expert in something and some people will think you know what you're talking about. :crackup: I wish I could upload videos, but it's not practical on 3G, my upstream speed is real slow plus I pay for data.

Alan

I still use dragon lasers goggles for my class 4 blue. It SEEMS to do a good job reducing the dot to a dim yellow but they probably don't have as high of an OD rating as Eagle pair.

Last edited: