Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Laser Battery Extension Tube Now Available

Well if you ask nice I might give you an LPF discount. ;)

Yes, they were custom made in the US in a relatively small quantity. Plus we had to price them so that our dealers could carry them too.

For the Price you think you would make it better looking than just a flat tube... honestly... Nothing but a flat tube.... Kinda lame IMHO...

Garoq

For the Price you think you would make it better looking than just a flat tube... honestly... Nothing but a flat tube.... Kinda lame IMHO...

To each his own I suppose...

More machining = more $$$.

I see an opportunity for you... ;)

To each his own I suppose...

More machining = more $$$.

I see an opportunity for you... ;)

Your right with all the hard work you already put into it! Cutting the tube "I'm sweating just thinking about the work..." and Threading Two whole sides of It!! Wow your right make sure your charging Extra shipping "and handling of course" ;) because your barely scraping it together at that low Low Price... Thanks for such a Awesome deal your giving us... Why it's a Steal for 30$ (Plus shipping and Awesomeness Job Fee)I'm sorry for even saying anything... I love the Generic Flashlight Look :beer:

Last edited:
Reactions: mfo

Garoq

Your right with all the hard work you already put into it! Cutting the tube "I'm sweating just thinking about the work..." and Threading Two whole sides of It!! Wow your right make sure your charging Extra shipping "and handling of course" ;) because your barely scraping it together at that low Low Price... Thanks for such a Awesome deal your giving us... Why it's a Steal for 30$ (Plus shipping and Awesomeness Job Fee)I'm sorry for even saying anything... I love the Generic Flashlight Look :beer:

Cool. Why don't you design and sell a better one and show us how it's done?

It is normal here to charge $15 for a large focus ring, which is just a round disc of aluminum with a hole drilled in the center and then threaded.

This item looks $15 more expensive than a disc with a threaded hole in the center.

Just my 2 cents.

Garoq

It is normal here to charge $15 for a large focus ring, which is just a round disc of aluminum with a hole drilled in the center and then threaded.

This item looks $15 more expensive than a disc with a threaded hole in the center.

Just my 2 cents.

If I could justify the purchase of 1,000 units, the cost would have been significantly less.

First I buy the raw tubing from an online supplier (so I don't have to pay for an additional markup) which is then shipped to the machinist. The parts are machined without the thread form and then shipped to the anodizer. Then the anodize process which is not a trivial cost. After they are anodized they are shipped back to the machinist who cuts the threads into the bare aluminum to establish the electrical conductivity through the tube. Then they are shipped to me. A lot of steps and costs for a relatively small number of parts.

On top of that I add a discount for our dealers. There is also a significant LPF discount which I will give to those members who PM me their order.

You guys need to keep in mind that this is an optional accessory. I had been asked about one of these many times in the past as I am sure Garoq has. He went through a lot of trouble to make these available and I for one appreciate it. Of course it needs to be worth his time too. If you want one then buy one, if not then stick with 2 CR123A. I received mine today and it is PERFECT. The tube matches the host nicely. Thanks Garoq!!!!

\\

Just my 2 cents.

You guys need to keep in mind that this is an optional accessory. I had been asked about one of these many times in the past as I am sure Garoq has. He went through a lot of trouble to make these available and I for one appreciate it. Of course it needs to be worth his time too. If you want one then buy one, if not then stick with 2 CR123A. I received mine today and it is PERFECT. The tube matches the host nicely. Thanks Garoq!!!!

Yeah.

I was sort of trying to not rat myself out, because I am a very private person, and I don't like to project much of an online presence, but...

I already have one of these, and I think it is totally worth the price. I have no complaints, and I am thrilled to have it.