Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sure Electronics 5mW 650nm Laser Module

daguin

There was a discussion in another thread about getting these 5mW 650nm modules just for the cases.  I decided to try them out.  In "bulk" I paid $2.07 apiece for them.  They arrived quickly in a padded envelope and anti-static bubble wrap.  They were individually sealed in plastic.  The one I tested was putting out 4mW, but that's not why I got them.  The diode punched out easily.  I compared it to an aiXiz module.

2modules.jpg

The aiXiz module is 35mm overall.  The Sure is 32.5mm
The OD and ID of the units are the same (12mm & 9.6mm)
The heads are the same except that the "threads" on the Sure are 4mm and the aiXiz is 3mm.
The lenses are plastic and the same as the aiXiz.  The spring is a little shorter.

The biggest difference is in the length.  Since the overall length is the same and the heads are the same, that only leaves the back of the module to show the difference.  Inside, the aiXiz module is 22mm deep.  The Sure module is only 18mm deep.  This will probably not make much difference UNLESS you are trying to place a rkcstr (or similar) driver INSIDE the module.

If you want to play with some of these, I have some extras available at cost plus shipping.
[highlight]**EDIT**[/highlight]  That was in May.  I don't have any to sell/trade ;)

Peace,
dave

I always felt slightly guilty destroying the perfectly good Aixis diodes for the housing.

daguin

apex007 said:
I always felt slightly guilty destroying the perfectly good Aixis diodes for the housing.

Et ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti

Go in peace

daguin said:
[quote author=apex007 link=1210641479/0#1 date=1210642317]I always felt slightly guilty destroying the perfectly good Aixis diodes for the housing.

Go in peace[/quote]

AWESOME ! :cool:

daguin said:

Go in peace
And I realease you from your sin
in name of the father,  and of the son, and of the sacred spirit

Somethin like that... What do I win?

EDIT: Just figured out you can google it... And for a second I thought I was actually doing something with my latin  ::) ... well it was fun anyway

daguin

I have 13 of these modules left if you are interested. $2.07 a piece plus shipping.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
I have 13 of these modules left if you are interested. $2.07 a piece plus shipping.

Peace,
dave

Dave - can you send me all you have left, and send me a pay-pal or Google invoice ? you can send either one of them to : stonergl@gmail.com I think I may be able to carry these instead of constantly being screwed by Aixiz, if they carry a decent amount of stock ! If you wouldn't mind sending me their web addy (or email info) at the same time, This could be the break-away from Aixiz I have been so desperately looking for ! Lemme know !!! Dang....prices would have to drop on my site, too :p hehehehehehe ! Damned nice find, man !

daguin

SenKat_Stonetek said:
Dave - can you send me all you have left, and send me a pay-pal or Google invoice ? you can send either one of them to : stonergl@gmail.com I think I may be able to carry these instead of constantly being screwed by Aixiz, if they carry a decent amount of stock ! If you wouldn't mind sending me their web addy (or email info) at the same time, This could be the break-away from Aixiz I have been so desperately looking for ! Lemme know !!! Dang....prices would have to drop on my site, too :p hehehehehehe ! Damned nice find, man !

I dropped a few in the post for you to play with. You can send me the usual pint of blood for payment. I've almost finished the last one [smiley=evil.gif]

You can probably get a better deal with them by ordering directly with larger purchases.

Only 10 left folks ;)

Peace,
dave

Thanks, Dave ! YOU da man ! :) (my firstborn MAY arrive postage due....just pay it, he can cut the grass fairly well !) LOL !!

daguin

SenKat_Stonetek said:
Thanks, Dave ! YOU da man ! :) (my firstborn MAY arrive postage due....just pay it, he can cut the grass fairly well !) LOL !!

I'll get the extra bedroom set up for him. Alejandro (our gardener) is going to be very disappointed ;)

Only seven left, folks.

Peace,
dave

Dave - when you put your mind to shipping something, it gets DONE ! They arrived safely today - and sitting here next to the Aixiz modules, they look SUPER TINY - but in all honesty, most folks don't even use the back ends - and the folks at Sure have already replied to my request for larger numbers (like 200 at a time, or so !) and they really seem to be nice folks ! I think these are definitely a mark in the "WIN" collumn for the hobbyist - very nice little units ! I cannot thank you enough for sending me some to play with - you da MAN !