Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Super small YAG laser cavity

I'm thinking PPal can fix it, since he won't offer a reduced price, 200 dollars for that module was top dollar, I expected it to be in perfect working order, he said it was. Doesn't matter if he didn't know, a buying agreement is an agreement.

Christ I can offer you 30 dollars back. That’s about how much they are probably worth if you could ever find one. I literally don’t even have enough money to buy gas for my car right now for two weeks. I work at arbys and get paid 8 dollars an hour (by the way it sucks). If you can wait two weeks I can offer you 30 dollars back. Does that sound okay Chris? I seriously didn’t know it was broken but since everyone here thinks I knew it was broken I’ll be the nice dude and do that. Okay?

OK, accepted but not now, in the future, or 30 dollars off of something else you might want to sell, if you give me first shot.

Alright a deal is a deal. You get 30 off and first shot at anything I sell. By the way would you like to buy a mirrored YAG rod? I’m putting it up for sale on eBay for a lot, but PM if interested and you can have 30 off and a special price, it’s pretty large I’d say 1/4 inch by 3.5 long. Very nice too (absolutely nothing wrong with it I promise)

Also how much do you think this tiny ER:YAG module would cost Kigre, Inc. - MK-2
It is as small as like 2 pennies and is diode pumped. I wanna call them but they are closed. I’m sure being that small it won’t cost an arm and a leg? I’m going to say 200-300 with driver and it is q-switched. What do you guys say?

.2 mj, wisp of power. Please remember I said 30 dollars, or 30 off on something you are selling. I don't know if I will want what you are selling, in that case, the cash. That's going light, I saw a SSY-1 q-switch sold for 40 on ebay a few months ago.

Last edited:
Passive Q-Switched 1534nm. Brand new, it's hard to say what they want for it. Probably won't be cheap. It isn't made as a hobby instrument.

Brandon, I'm starting to think you are somewhat of a con artist, did you start using an account your dad created here, or ? I see the same user name on Photolex:

Did you make like 50 bucks profit on that broken SSY-1 you sold me?

No, that is my dad using my account on photon, he said he wanted to try and see if he could get me one, but he ended up not getting one there, but instead got one for 250 so actually he lost money on that deal. So no that was my father but on my account, he didn’t create his own because he’s not too tech savvy is how I think you say it. And I was just offering the YAG rod for now, I will probably be selling more things soon if you still would like 30-40 off on those since you saw one go for 40.

Also so that little laser probably won’t do anything then? Waste of money perhaps? Or could it be used to like frequency double? Probably not but I might as well ask

having some fun with it, but i still think you are a wheeler dealer getting what you want with the youth card, AKA the rod mirroring, what you going to do when you get old? :p

The rod mirroring he does for some hobbyists, I found that out through a website where another guy asked him to do it :p also I am not sure what I’ll do when I get old yet, I’ve got a few years to think about it but for now I’d rather think about lasers :) also I do want to go to school for photonics and optics if that makes it any better/cooler only 1 more year of normal school then off to college I go to become a scientist hopefully. I would love to work in labs and universities. That would be fun I think, I’m not sure but it’s just something about lasers that fascinate me, I mean I’ve been yelled at by the parents for having them all over my floor and stuff, but i continue to keep em there because I get urges to sit on the floor and fire the larger YAG laser every now and then just for no reason :)

Are you selling the rod that guy is mirroring for you? Re: HV circuit on the floor, kinda scares me you'll end in an early demise.

No I wouldn’t do that, this is one I paid for a month or two back with my own money, from the one guy in Italy on eBay, I asked him how he got it to work without mirrors and he said it is magical being sarcastic at the time I didn’t know they came with mirrors integrated, but I’m selling it now because I’m getting the smaller one coated and the ruby one coated, someone else should get to enjoy the fun on not aligning anything, just covering it with foil beside a flashlamp, connect a trigger transformer to foil and tada working yag laser. :p

Well they are ND:YAG just different sizes the biggest I have is around 6-7mm and like 5-6 inches in length, that’s my favorite one or at least the one I use most, but I do have an interesting rod, not mirrored but CTH:YAG I think I’ve posted about it before, but 8ms fluorescence time is crazy, and it’s like green lantern green too it looks cool, also bought from Italian guy. But besides that yes they are the same kind of rods